Can someone explain this to me?

Gun related violence and crimes In America are 90% higher than any other country in the world, I know this decision would be difficult on its own because they've dug in so deep with weapons but why doesn't the U.S just ban guns?. Now im not American and theirs probably a whole lot of info im missing as to... show more Gun related violence and crimes In America are 90% higher than any other country in the world, I know this decision would be difficult on its own because they've dug in so deep with weapons but why doesn't the U.S just ban guns?. Now im not American and theirs probably a whole lot of info im missing as to why they don't, hence why I named the question "Can someone explain this to me?", however im Australian and in 1996 we had a massacre at a place called Port Aurthur, after that the Australian Government banned the use and purchase and relinquished all semi automatic fire arms and also put tight restrictions and regulations on any other type of fire arm.Their have been no shootings since. If it worked for us why wouldn't it work for America?
9 answers 9