POLL: Should Social Media enforce age limits?

I'm 20 I guess I never thought about it before. When I was young in the 90's and in school, Internet safety was a big thing, people used to talk to us and show us boring videos in elementary school. Now they don't really talk about it anymore. I've noticed on Twitter that a LOT of people are posing... show more I'm 20 I guess I never thought about it before. When I was young in the 90's and in school, Internet safety was a big thing, people used to talk to us and show us boring videos in elementary school. Now they don't really talk about it anymore. I've noticed on Twitter that a LOT of people are posing as celebrities (not just parody accouts, but the actual people) and a lot of these younger girls, mainly about the ages of 12-15 are getting tricked into believing that their "idols" (such as Justin Bieber, One Direction etc.) run personal Twitter accounts other than their verified ones and they're actually falling for it. It's really weird that people actually act like somebody else's fans are their own, but it's also really sad to see all these kids get manipulated the way they do. The fangirl age... lol. These girls will do nearly anything to meet or talk to them. Just want to know what you guys think.
1 answer 1