Does memory foam in your mattress make you hot by retaining heat?

I am about to buy a mattress that has a memory foam layer on the top and springs below. However, I live in a house which really retains the heat and even on cool evenings outside it gets warm inside. I am wondering if the memory foam in the mattress is likely to leave me feeling warm and uncomfortable during the hotter months of the year by trapping the heat from my body?

It can do but the trick is a stay cool mattress cover, they sell them at Dunelm, can't remember the proper name of them I'm afraid but I have found mine excellent. The one thing to remember is that you may not need such a high top quilt on top. I tend to use a 4.5 most of the year and only use 10.5 when it is really, really cold and I never have the heat on in the bedroom.

We bought a reminiscence foam mattress from Ikea, it quite is extremely diverse. Its sturdy time-honored foam on element and reminiscence foam the different, its lots extra inexpensive than maximum on the industry, approximately £one hundred seventy, so if we did not like it we could be waiting to interchange it with out breaking the financial company or basically use the froth element. i've got not observed it being any warmer than a classic sprung mattress, possibly through fact its not all reminiscence foam. Its additionally stunning and delicate. the only undertaking with Ikea mattresses is they're extremely bigger than British ones, so verify you purchase their geared up sheets besides.

I suggest you to opt for AirCool Memory Foam with TruTemp gel ( Comforpedic Memory Foam) . This is an innovative mattress technology that balances the body and mattress temperature, and makes u feel good. You can read this article - http://www.drsnooze.com/blog/comforpedic-models-ex... and choose what type will suit you in both summer and winter months.

Thanks

Yes it does, but your body adjusts to it and after a day or 2 you won't notice any difference.

Source(s): Experience