Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick or RG3?

Who do you think is a better QB? Don't just say, for example: "Luck!" or things like that, tell me why you think that.

I didn't add Cam Newton or other QB because these are the last season's rookies. I know Kaepernick isn't a rookie, but that year was his second in NFL and first as starter.

Favorite Answer

Luck and then Wilson.....

Source(s): RT......

Luck (Not a Colts fan)

Reasoning:

I'm not a firm believer in the read option. I feel like it will cause more injuries and eventually fizzle out of the league (That doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching it). All four of these guys are immense talents, don't get me wrong, but I just think Luck is the best built QB and most likely to succeed. He has a great arm and is really intelligent, he didn't put up amazing numbers but I think he will this year. He's a huge talent, which is why he was taken first overall. He's a great leader and knows how to win. Luck is going to be a great talent in the NFL.

I would have to go with Kaepernick or Wilson after Luck. RG3 is kind of a small guy who is rather frail, I think he needs to put more muscle on in order to last in the NFL. He's a great player and an amazing athlete but he needs to put some fat on top of his muscle in order to stay healthy, in my opinion. This group of QB's is a great group and they have all the talent in the world.

I hope I'm wrong about the read option, because it does add an extra element of excitement to the game and makes it harder for defenses, but I'm just not so sure it will last in the NFL.

You could add Ryan Tannehill to this list, too. He didn't have the year those four guys had, but he was good in his own way. Showed a lot of potential.

Right now, I would say 1. Aaron Rodgers 2. Tom Brady 3. Peyton Manning 4. Drew Brees 5. RG3

Well they all have their advantages and disadvantages. To start off Andrew Luck has amazing accuracy and arm strength, and pretty decent running. Robert Griffin III has good accuracy, a quick release, and has decent throw power, but certainly not the best, though he can certainly outrun Andrew Luck. Russell Wilson, Is only 5'11 but has proven that his size doesn't stop him. He is a great dual threat quarterback and I think he's underrated. He has great accuracy, even good accuracy on the run and he can evade defenders and run great. And last but not least Colin Kaepernick. Colin Kaepernick is better under pressure than any of these QB's but he has had more experience. Plus he has great accuracy, decent throw power and has one of throws on the run in the NFL.

Now to answer your question. Based on all this data here I would say Colin Kaepernick because he has more experience and is better than any of these other QB's under pressure.

Source(s): Football Player and Fan

When all said or done I think it will be kaepernick.

Reasons...

Wilson:

-have not seen much of him, on a very young team and is a ok player but he may surprise everyone

RG3

- he has had a lot of injuries so I think he will be staying in the pocket most of the time or may be forced to retire early due to injury (future)

Luck:

He is a very good QB with a great passer rating and TD:Intercept ratio but once again on a very young developing team that is recovery from a disastrous season with Curtis Painter.

Finally Colin Kaepernick:

hard decision to put him over Luck because he has not played the full season but take his team to the super bowl his rookie year and really showed him self as a multi dimensional player who is very smart by knowing when to run and when to throw it unlike most of the other running QBs. Not only is he good as a player but he is on a very good team!!! The team is stacked with some of the best tight ends and wide receivers in the game. And they also have a very very good defense. So I do plan on seeing him in the super bowl in the next few years.

Don't forget he kicked out franchise QB Alex Smith just from playing a hand full of games because Smith was injured so the staff must have seen something very special in him.

Personally I think Kaepernick is better than all these people. Although I hate him I know a good QB when I see one. He's very accurate and has a lot of speed. Second best I think is Russell Wilson, He might not be as fast as RG3 but he's a QB and has great footwork and knows how to stay up when the pocket closes up. RG3 is third and he was going to be my second choice but I feel Wilson is better in the pocket and thats where the QB belongs. RG3 is extremely fast and he's very accurate but no matter what he runs if he gets out his comfort zone. Don't know to much about Luck but I heard he was good. Don't have enough info about him to judge so I'll say he goes into number 4.

Right now or long term? Long term, who knows? Right now, the answer is Wilson. He is the most complete of the 4 QBs. The only thing Wilson lacks is height. But he is slippery as an eel. He can throw from the pocket and he can throw on the run with equally great accuracy. There isn't a QB in the league not named Peyton who prepares for a game better than Wilson. Even as a rookie, from day one he was writing and distributing to the team his own scouting report for the upcoming game. For a rookie to get away with that and not be told off by veterans and told to lay low by coaches goes to show that Wilson is just a natural born leader. So, in addition to his great skill set, Wilson has "intangibles" more than any of the other QBs.

Having come into training camp as the 3rd QB on the depth chart, Wilson wasn't named starter until after the 3rd preseason game. That meant that he didn't get starter reps until late in the preseason. Because they were slow to name Wilson their starting QB, the Seahawks started out the year with a very limited (and very predictable) playbook, gradually adding more as the season progressed. Consequently, Wilson did not start his rookie season looking like a phenom. However, in the last 8 games of the year, after the Seahawks opened up the playbook, Wilson had the highest passer rating of any QB in the NFL. Moreover, he was putting up those incredibly high QB ratings while playing the #1 most difficult schedule of opposing defenses in the NFL (based on average ranking of total yards allowed). In contrast, RGIII and Luck played against some of the cushiest defenses in the NFL. With a stat line that looked essentially identical to the stat line that RGIII put up (except for rushing yards) and yet playing the toughest schedule of opposing defenses, the football sabermetrics folks at Football Outsiders and at Pro Football Focus named Wilson as the best rookie QB last year. Football Outsiders stated that Wilson had the best rookie season of any QB in their database (going back to 1991).

Luck followed closely by RG3.

These two have the skills to have long NFL careers.

Wilson and Kaepernick both will have to develop the skills to become more traditional NFL pocket QBs. Their read option days are limited as the wear and tear on their bodies will not allow them a long career unless they evolve.

Andrew Luck.

Think of the top 3 elite qbs in the league. Brady, Manning, Brees. What do they all have in common that makes them so good? Their accurate arms & ability to read defenses. Sure, RG3, Russ, and Kaep all have good arms but what makes them good is mostly their legs. That "college" style offense in the read option will NOT beat a pro style offense in the playoffs. Ex. Tebow against the Pats in 2012 divisional round. Luck is the only one of the 4 that will stay healthy and have a full 10-15 year career that will win a super bowl. Guarantee it.

I think Luck is the best QB at the NFL level. He is a very accurate passer, and although he is not as mobile as some others on the list, he ran for over 250 yards and for 5 tds. Later in the other QB's careers after they have lost a step, the option play won't always work. So, I think Luck will eventually prove to be the most complete and best fit QB for the NFL.

Honestly, I think they are all potential starts. RG3 Is most likely going to be a big time quaterback.

He holds loads of potential and is dangerous in the passing game and the run game.

Once you get past the fact that hes injury prone, hes a top 10 quaterback for seasons to come.

Source(s): Can't wait to see him in a few years