guys, what can a woman say to you that'll make you insecure?

I get on with this guy but sometimes he gets funny (like defensive), so I want to know if I'm saying anything to make it this way so I can stop!

Michael J, the question is not what I am saying, or it'd be in the 'singles & dating' section and be called some **** like "why does this guy I like keep going cold??". I merely want to know if the majority of men are made insecure over the same type of thing, the background information was only added so it didn't look like I was asking for tips on how to make guys insecure lol.

"Hi!"

Girls always make me nervous and insecure.

• TJ

It's gonna make me sound so vain but ... If my girl says something about the way I look (other than a compliment) it makes me a bit insecure. I'll admit I spend ages in the gym and I do spend a lot of time on how I look (like I said vain!) because I want to try and look my best for her and if she were to say something about it I would feel insecure after putting all that effort in for her and she doesn't like it.

Source(s): Oh and if she were to say something like "is that it" or "is it in yet"!!! That would get any guy feeling insecure!

" . . . I want to know if I'm saying anything to make it this way . . ."

You have not told us what you said so how will we know.

Guys want to hear positive, upbeat, funny, cool things (like girls.)

A little sarcasm is OK, even a little dark humor. But no guy wants

a girl to criticize him, judge him, or point out all of his flaws.

I dated a girl several years ago who did that and after a while, it was

no fun seeing her because she made me feel bad about myself.

I could have done the same to her, but I didn't.

Poking fun at someone is fine if you also show him that you like him.

• Naylah

Guys get insecure just as girl's do. Maybe not about the exact same things, but they do get insecure about how they look, how they talk, act, and etc.

Anything about my appearance/lack of sexual experience and i wud curl into the fetal position and weep

"you have a pretty face" that will make me think I look gay

"I like girls. Sorry."

" was that it then? " would do it.

'is it in?'