? asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 7 years ago

What guns would you take if you were in a Jurassic Park type of situation?

Let's say you were to go back in time or Jurassic Park came to fruition.(P.S:This is totally tongue and cheek)My personal choice would be an AR platform in a 458 SOCOM loading a 405 grain jacketed soft point.And as back up a Glock 37 Gen4 loaded with 230 grain Hydra Shock jacketed hollow point.

And what is your plan when you run out of ammo? Your best bet is not to act like a hunter or predator but instead like a rabbit. You need to learn how to hide, how to hide your scent, when is the best time to come out so they do not see you, etc. Having a big gun will just encourage you to get cocky.

Source(s): This philosophy was presented in the book TUNNEL IN THE SKY in 1955, written by Robert Heinlein. Way too often a gun makes you feel like you are the big bad when in fact you are nothing without it. You make noise, you go looking for trouble, you act like you have nothing to fear. You get dead. Better to think like a rabbit, hide, always be on the look out for the real big bad. You may have to act a coward but you stay alive.
  • august

Since this is a totally fantasy question, I'd take some totally fantasy guns.

Or, in this case, I'd take the US Army's 1st Armored Division, plus air support, since 120mm HE rounds from an M1 Abrams would put a hurting on Mr. T-rex, and those velociraptors would have a hard time getting into an armored tank. Ma Deuce on top would be pretty useful too, as long as you've got plenty of cover in all firing arcs. The .30-cal co-ax gun would work for dealing with little dinos, as well.

Then, if you have some M2 Bradleys, you can use their 25mm Bushmaster chain guns to deal with the smaller predators, like the good old velociraptors. HEI-T rounds would put a hurting on fast-movers like that.

And man, oh man, would a brachiosaurus steak taste great after a long day of blowing up T-rex. What better way to engage a big herbivore like that than an AH-64D Longbow Apache with their 30mm chain gun, and perhaps a few Hydra 70 rockets and maybe an AGM-114K in the mix?

What guns would I take?

More like "What gun platforms would I take."

I would take the USS Iowa (BB-61), USS New Jersey (BB-62, USS Missouri (BB-63), and the USS Wisconsin (BB-64), before they were decommissioned, with seasoned, salty crews who knew their stuff. Complete complement of men and equipment.

With four battleships, we could hunt dinosaurs.

Until the ammo ran out. Then we'd just stay at sea guarding the USS Harry S. Truman, the USS Ronald Reagan, and the USS George H.W. Bush, and run raiding parties of Marines for foraging duties from the Amphibious Ready Group.

I mean, seriously? If you're so all fired up about hunting in a Jurassic Park type environment, read "A Sound of Thunder" by Ray Bradbury, or Poor Little Warrior by Brian W. Aldiss.

Enjoy.

In December 2008, Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy had been requested if there was once any development on the long-predicted sequel. Kennedy replied, "No... I don't know. You understand, when [Michael] Crichton passed away, I sorta felt maybe that is it. Perhaps that's a sign that we don't mess with it."[30] at the same time Marshall and Kennedy were no longer signed with universal pix in a construction ability, the 2 will remain concerned with the studio and its plans for Jurassic Park IV it would not be referred to as jurassic park without dinos

I somewhat agree with USAF. You aren't going to last for long if you are out shooting anything that walks by. At the same time you can't hide forever no matter what Heinlein thinks (good author when he wasn't stretching his Oedipus complex into a book). I would want and AR-10 in .308, a 12 guage with 000 buck and a Barret .50. I can't imagine what kind of fortress it would take to keep out a T-Rex but i would need caves and they aren't always easy to find.

Does a tank count? If not can I just bring the main gun and strap it to a truck? Sure I'd have to deal with trying not to kill myself every time I fired it and figure out how to keep the truck from doing somersaults when I shot at a dino but I'd have a freezer full of T-Rex t-bone steaks, as a back up I'll go with a super duper uber dino remover, it doesn't exist and probably never will but if I was going to a fictional place I'd want a fictional weapon

Phaser set to kill. I mean if we are going to go head to head with dinos, I may as well be from the future, using a ray gun of some sort to vaporize anything getting testy with me being around looking tasty. Oh and extra power packs, just in case I run into a nest/herd of meat eaters.

10 guage shotgun with 3 and a half inch magnum buckshot and a smith n wesson 500.

the shotgun for flyng crap and the revolver for on ground stuff

this is the kind of question people will bash but it is a fun way to get 2 points and read peoples reasons

• Hiiii

ar-15 setup for .300 blackout or .50 beowulf.

my benelli supernova with 28 inch barrel and 3 1/2 inch super magnum #4 shot for the flying stuff

as a side arm, either stick, glock 18, or if possible a full auto .44 magnum.

for the longer shots, either barret .416, any gun chambered for .338 lapua magnum, or .577 tyrannosaur for those close up t-rex shots.

last resort, i can blow their go nads off with an rpg

Plasma Arc Rifle - 4000 watt range, please

Honestly - I dont think you could bring or carry enough ammo to live to a ripe old age. Things lived and died fast. Every firearm I have been exposed to that I would consider adaquate - I would not be able to carry more than a mile on my back without pissing and moaning. Something tripod or rail mounted to a vehicle sounds sufficient. It would need to be vehicle mounted just to carry the ammo.