promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

In politics, people constantly play the race card. How many other cards are in this deck and what are they?

I know of the: Race, Gun. Gender, Law, and Surveillance cards.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favourite answer

There's all kinds of cards. There's the "Race Card" card, for example, where people accuse each other of just playing the race card all the time. It's effective for deflecting criticism for when people use racist rhetoric to appeal to racists.

Calling something a "card" is an attempt to claim the issue isn't legitimate and is deliberately overhyped for political purposes. It can be done with anything. You could say that conservatives who criticize the fact that wind companies are not fined like oil companies are playing the "Eagle Card," for example.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

There is no such thing as a race card. That is an ignorant phrase that is used to dismiss legitimate concerns about racist behavior.

Racism in our society is a concern for all well-meaning people, no matter where they fall on the political spectrum.

• Vanity
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I've played it myself for myself, it worked and I'm white. So what, sometimes you get that. Especially when the focus in the world is put exactly on that. Cards are retro unless you're in Vegas.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

you forgot the old religion card. that is a good one to pull out for some people to justify all sorts of things. I still think the most annoying card to be pulled though is the law and order card.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

the tea party plays the race card a lot

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

All the cards are either red or black. The other half of the deck is for communists.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Another obvious closet racists attempting to blame others for their filthy stinking racism. If the racists would shove their racism up their jumpers instead of spewing their filth in the public domain there would be no need for racist HATERS like me to out these barbarians .

• daisy
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

healthcare, economy, job creation, deficit, international relations, taxes, crime, security, moral values, polution, global warming, foreign oil, right to have healthy products to eat, safe toys for children, china & india factories, wallstreet and the stock market. 1%, unemployment........

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Potentially infinite. As many ways as leftists can imagine new and creative classes of victim to exploit people with.

• pdooma
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Doing it for the children.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.