Can you think of any practical projects using c++?

I mean projects you would use in an office environment, not games or anything like that. I have done some work with visual basic, macros in excel and reading and writing from web sites to excel but I want some practical experience for my resume using C++ (or even another one in VB) so a manager can see value in... show more I mean projects you would use in an office environment, not games or anything like that. I have done some work with visual basic, macros in excel and reading and writing from web sites to excel but I want some practical experience for my resume using C++ (or even another one in VB) so a manager can see value in what I have done. I am not looking for work as a programmer but just want something to add on my resume (I am also actually going to do the project).

My other project was for a transport company and it read web links from an excel sheet and went to the delivery status pages and read/wrote certain data (ie dipatch date, deliver date and destination) back to excel in a nice neat speadsheet. This saved a great deal of time from doing it manually as sometimes there were over 30 links to process.

Something like above. Something practical and can be appreciated by a prospective employer eventhough there will be no programming involved in the job. I already know some programming so I'm figuring why not add a few feathers to my cap.
Update: Because I have just been learning C++ and want to try it out
1 answer 1