Can two people live off a Marines salary?

My boyfriend is about to graduate from his tech school and we wanted to get married and live ON BASE in California where he will be stationed. I would be working a part time job as well but we might have to live off his paycheck for a little bit until I find a job out there. I also wanted to take a class or two at... show more My boyfriend is about to graduate from his tech school and we wanted to get married and live ON BASE in California where he will be stationed. I would be working a part time job as well but we might have to live off his paycheck for a little bit until I find a job out there. I also wanted to take a class or two at a community collage to get my business management degree.

I also have some money saved up as well but I wanted to know if me and him would be able to live comfortably in on base housing mostly on his salary. And other things that I should know about?. Thanks :)
Update: No children btw lol jus me nd him!
Update 2: Thanks everybody! Y'all's answers are really helpful, ill defiantly need to talk to him about on base housing availability and a plan b if I don't find a job as well