Why do some people disagree with certain feminist ideas?

Okay, so I have been on Tumblr, and I see a lot of feminism. I understand that this movement can get out of hand, and to the point where women are hating the other gender.....

But I have also read many viewpoints where people believe it is completely wrong for women to want to go ahead and get a job, become economically successful, and desire to earn equal wages.

Plus, certain advertising (Victoria's Secret, etc.) do annoy many women (including me) because it DOES set a certain image that TENDS to cause many males to believe that THAT is what a woman should look like. I mean, if I expected that the stereotypical man should look like a male model off of Calvin Klein, wouldn't males get mad?

My question is, why do people frown upon certain feminist ideas such as equal opportunity in jobs and success?

And I really want just a reasonable explanation as to why.... I am curious and would like to hear another point of view.

I can see that there are groups of women are being way too radical about it, which I agree that they are. But just because these groups are acting the way they are, people are going to be completely against all ideas that they have? Why is this?

For example:

If I were to believe that men and women should have equal opportunity in the work force (not the progressive ideals... a.k.a. women should be able to do dirty work too) but is fine with the advertising ways since an answerer just helped me understand that images of the "ideal man" is played out too.... and I worked a regular job....

Would you support it? Why or why not?

Favorite Answer

If feminism stuck to ideas such as equal opportunity in jobs and success for women - and went about it in a fair and balanced way - then no one would complain or disagree with feminism.

but feminism goes beyond that - and it does so in an unfair and unbalanced way. an unreasonable and sexist way.

* I judge feminism by the recognised feminist authors, the feminist groups like N.O.W, the things feminists say, and the policies and laws that feminists create - things like VAWA - and N.O.W opposing fathers rights groups. And feminists trying to have men's rights groups banned from uni campuses.

These things don't exactly scream equality to me. They scream misandry.

Because some feminists believe that all women who get pregnant have a 98% chance of dying from the pregnancy.

Because what feminists claim they stand for isn't necessarily what they really do stand for.

When you hear "equal opportunity jobs", you don't really hear about Affirmative Action, now do you?

When you hear about the "Glass Ceiling", you don't really hear about the "Glass Cellar" and how man are stuck doing all these dead end, disgusting, low-paying jobs that women would never dare to go into (coal mining, garbage collecting, etc.) Why aren't feminists trying to push for more women in these jobs?

When you hear about violence against women, why don't you hear about violence against HUMANS? Feminists tend to completely ignore violence against other men as well.

Source(s): Do you really think feminists stand for equality when they couldn't care less about the opposite sex and their issues? Men have plenty of issues, we are not invulnerable.
    • That Wife5 years agoReport

Women can easily die if they work as coal miners, garbage collectors, etc.

• Thomas

Some people have been misinformed about feminism and believe a lot of the anti-feminist propaganda that has been circulating for years. Since the beginning of 1st wave feminism all the way up until now(3rd wave), sexists and chauvinistic men(and even some women) have been creating rumors about what feminism really is. They feel the pressure of the patriarchy finally starting to crumble and it scares them. A dawning of a new age is happening as we speak and chauvinists, sexists and misogynists don't belong.

Also, some conservatives and traditionalists don't care for feminism because it's basically a form of progressive liberalism. As most people know, conservatives don't like liberals and even though feminism helps conservative capitalism, they still lash out against feminism and anything that has to do with equality. Anti-feminism is hypocrisy and always has been.

Feminism is all about enslaving men into sex slaves.

• Q

I'm going to take your specific point:

"But I have also read many viewpoints where people believe it is completely wrong for women to want to go ahead and get a job, become economically successful, and desire to earn equal wages."

That's because these people are sexists. It's that simple.