Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 7 years ago

Goldfish missing scales?

I've noticed recently my goldfish is missing some scales. There are loads of tiny, scale-sized patches where I can see skin. My question is, are my other fish (two Lyretail guppies and a Chinese Algae Eater) doing it to him? If so, what should I do?

• Em

Guppies can be nasty, but I'd put money on it being the algae eater. As they grow up they get horrible; they get territorial, the suck the slime coat off fish and eyes, they can be responsible for many deaths. Honestly, I'd replace him with a more peaceful algae eater, those sucking loaches are more trouble than they're worth.

I have on no account noticeable a pleco assault another fish, and i have plenty of them starting from 1/2 inch to eight inch. Almost certainly they scraped themselves if you have quite a few decor within the tank or overcrowded First, simply give the take some stress coat to support out your gold fish and support them heal and if your convinced its the pleco, maybe not smooth the tank so more commonly to promote algae growth or purchase some live crops and use a plant bulb. Goldfish are nasty and poo tons so that you could lower the time you must easy it get some sort of bottom feeder like a catfish or an tremendous bottom feeder may be the Featherfin Synodontis <(they swim the wrong way up for enjoyable) :)

Kip them in a temp around 50 to 55F n remove that chinese alge eater if u've a smal tnk, Wat is d size of your tank?