promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why on earth did I get called "Sir?"?

Ok, well I got called "Sir" by a 12 year old girl. I am a 25 year old WOMAN. I don't know how I could be mistaken for a man. I do have short hair, it is actually exactly the same style as Miley Cyrus.

It's still obvious I am female though. My facial features are feminine. Do you think she just wasn't thinking or something? I mean her friend said to her "You just called her sir".

I don't know what to think of this....

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favourite answer

You might be skinny, without curves. Am I right? In that case it would make sense why she mistook you for a dude, guys can have feminine faces also.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 7 years ago

You probably just caught the girl off guard and out of instinct from answering to others in authority, she just said "sir" to you inadvertently. We've all had moments when it takes us just a second or two before we can shake something off and get back to our senses. I wouldn't worry about it. It sounds like it was an honest mistake. Her friend caught it and brought it to her attention, so that there tells me that this girl wouldn't normally do something like that intentionally. Then, she may have been too embarrassed to correct herself to you...

• 7 years ago

As a 25 y o it is OK for you to take a little initiative and correct her. After all - didn't her friend correct her? Maybe she got freaked out about dealing with someone over 18 and get tongue tied. I would have patiently told her that perhaps she meant to say Ma'am. Then maybe I'd have tried to make a joke out of it.

• Storm
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Calm down. It was just a 12-year-old girl. She was probably trying to annoy you by calling you "sir" in response to your short hairdo.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 years ago

She probably did it by mistake. Don't worry! I bet she was embarrassed by her wrong too.

Anyway, maybe she was taught by her parents to say "sir" to people so she can be seen as polite. It could have just been force of habit :))

• Sind
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Aww chill, maybe she thinks that all guys have short hair, but dont worry I'm sure it was just a mistake ^_^

• 7 years ago

ive blurted out sir by mistake, or vice versa when i was at school, completely unintentional. i knew in every case the sex of the teacher, just wasnt thinking.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

This sounds like it was just an honest mistake. I wouldn't worry about it so much.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

chill out I was called a lot worse names than that

• 7 years ago

It's alright. It was probably just a mistake.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.