Are most environmentalist against or for nuclear power?

Update: Hi Moni - I see your point and heard the argument before but what about the pollutants that are several times as much per kW from coal that cause just as many if not more deaths and are more widely disbursed among the population (coal powering over 50% of worlds energy). I don't want to argue, the thought... show more Hi Moni - I see your point and heard the argument before but what about the pollutants that are several times as much per kW from coal that cause just as many if not more deaths and are more widely disbursed among the population (coal powering over 50% of worlds energy). I don't want to argue, the thought just occurred while reading your response and would be good to get someones input who is in the field.
Update 2: John W: It's also true that the pollutants that come from coal cannot be contained like they are able with nuclear but goes directly into the atmosphere (radiactive pollution also). But I have heard about this film from Sundance Film festival called "Pandora's promise" that apparently has a lot... show more John W: It's also true that the pollutants that come from coal cannot be contained like they are able with nuclear but goes directly into the atmosphere (radiactive pollution also).

But I have heard about this film from Sundance Film festival called "Pandora's promise" that apparently has a lot of previously anti-nuclear and environmentalist that are now in full support for nuclear power. My position is unless renewables picks up its ability to generate more electricity with greater capacity we will need nuclear power (hopefully rather than coal).