Is it possible to live a happy and fulfilling life without marriage and no children?

Marriage is what makes many people's lives more fulfilling and happy. And starting a family is what some people dreamed about doing.

But are there actually some people who have happy lives without marriage and no kids?

Favorite Answer

Yes, you most definetely can have a fulfilling live and be happy without being married and with no children. There are many people you can be connected to and who you could help even if you are not married to them or even if they are not your own kids. Fulfillment can be found in doing something purposeful. Marriage and kids are not the only places you can fulfil a purpose.

• Bekki

Yes, there are. I've never married and have no children. I have a wonderful, fulfilling career, I live in a beautiful area with lots of outdoor activities year round, and I have great friends I love to spend time with. I enjoy my own company and not having to be responsible for anyone but myself. Plus, all my money goes to whatever I want to buy. I don't have to consult anyone else or worry about paying for school, braces, etc. It's a personal choice, and many people choose differently and are happy. You just have to figure out what's best for you.

Marriage and kids are not for everyone. Everyone needs to make their own decision about these things. People can live a full life without these. I think you are wrong if you think that this is what people dream about. I did not. My daughter does not. My son wishes he hadn't.

Maybe yes not being married but I truly think children fulfill your life

For the first 40 years of my life I loved the booze and the good life . I then fell in love and had three great children and have worked my butt off for it. Oh yes I have loved that also.

Sure, most certainly. Sometimes all you need is your own company. If your strong willed for an indendent life then you'll be a family of one. (There is such a thing).

Funny

yes, there are people out there who make other choices and live good, happy, lives just the same.

• Many do

if this theory was applied by your parents, then now you won't be able to ask this question..lol