Martin Scorsese or David Lynch? Who Wins?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favourite answer

Scorsese's influence is impossible to overstate. His red-blooded canon has spawned a generation of copycats while his muscular style has become a template. That said, opinion is divided over the man's recent output. Some regard his monumental Gangs of New York as a classic to rank alongside Taxi Driver and Raging Bull. Others worry that the heavyweight champion of American movies is no longer quite punching his weight.

After all the discussion, no one could fault the conclusion that David Lynch is the most important film-maker of the current era. Providing a portal into the collective subconscious, the daydream nation conjured up in tales such as Blue Velvet, Lost Highway or Mulholland Drive is by turns frightening, exasperating, revelatory and wild. Nobody makes films like David Lynch. He is our spooky tour guide through a world of dancing dwarves, femme fatales and little blue boxes that may (or may not) contain all the answers. We wouldn't want to live in the places he takes us. Somehow, we suspect, we do.

I personally prefer Scorsese.

• 5 years ago

David O. Russell Michel Gondry David Fincher Ridley Scott Christopher Nolan David Lynch Paul Thomas Anderson Guillermo del Toro Lars von Trier Nicolas Winding Refn Steve McQueen Steven Soderbergh Kathryn Bigelow Jeff Nichols Terry Gilliam

• 8 years ago

Definitely Martin Scorsese. He has done so many classics that will always be popular no matter how old it gets.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Scorcese all day. Lynch has no range. He only makes pretentious post modern, weird for the sake of weird, self indulgent pieces of ****. Scorcese is a legend who makes films that both critics and audiences can enjoy. Lynch makes films for first year film students.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 years ago

David Lynch. Movies and music are described as "Lynchian" when they are influenced by his style. He has influenced movies, music, and art. The more I find about him the more interesting it gets. He is something else.

• Mzsk
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

youll have to give examples...cant remember everything...but scorsese prob edges it from what i remember

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.