Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 7 years ago

Girls how would you feel if a guy wrote a book about you?

So I recently got my heart broken and something she said when she lift inspired me to write a new book. I know that our journey lasted only only a few short months but what a roller coaster ride it has been. All the fun we had together makes it disappointing that she left for someone else. Anyways I know part of the breakup was my fault so I'm going to write our story as it should have been and dedicate the book to her. Girls how would you feel if a guy wrote a book about you?

Favorite Answer

I would think that the guy is a mental case, and be glad that we're done.

By the way, such a story is called a Mary Sue, or, in the case of a guy, a Gary Stu. It's a wish fulfillment thing. If you wrote it to get your feelings out of your system, that could be a good thing. But trying to get it published is a little sick. Writing a book about how something should have been won't make those events happen.

Lol, I'm so late, two years later.

Honestly, I'd be creeped out and hate you forever. But... Not if I didn't know the book was about me! Now, if the sole purpose of writing this book was so she could read it, then I'd say don't write it. I don't think that would change anything, just make her angry and embarassed. But if this book isn't just for her...

Go ahead and write the book. Change the characters names up and some of the circumstances. Make it similar, but not too similar, and not quite about your story, but something that spins off of it. As someone who loves to write, I can tell you that writing a book can bring unexpected joy and present you with challenges that make a stronger person.

• Caitlin5 years agoReport

I realized that when I used the words "your story" in the third paragraph it might have been confusing. I meant your story as in the story of your relationship

Well it really depends on the individual. You should know better than anyone whether she would be creeped out or not. But i think it's safe to say if you're planning to make it public, do not make it obvious that it's the two of you that you're writing about.

i think it would be sweet if a guy wrote a book about you. well actually it depends of you still like him and if he still likes you. if so, then it is romantic and you guys could get back together. otherwise i would be creeped out that you broke up and he is still dedicating it to you and everything. hope this helps

Source(s): life experiences

it's very nice to have someone write a book about me but yeah it seemed a bit creepy. Will you give the book or you'll keep it? either way I think you better ask the girl's permission.

I came here to answer that it would depend on what sort of light the guy would put on me.

Then I read this "I'm going to write our story as it should have been." I'm not even that girl, and I'm really creeped out.

Well, if everything were under these circumstances....I'd be kind of creeped out (Also concerned for my former boyfriend) if I didn't still have some feelings for him. That's just my weird feelings though, she might love the idea, and since she's the one you want to do this for....go ahead.

• Kind of creeped out, to be honest. But that's just preference. Her reaction could range anywhere from flattered to infuriated. If its something for just yourself, that's one thing, but if you're planning on sharing it with anybody, I'd ask her permission. At the very least, don't use her real name.

I don't really know. I wouldn't be annoyed though, probably flattered. Honestly, just do it. Authors and poets do it all the time. It's not like she can stop you. So what if she doesn't like it? She left you for another guy. Just don't use any real names and change certain things - it would probably be extremely boring if it was word exact.

I'm already in loads. I wouldn't mind as long as they didn't paint me in a bad or untruthful light.