Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

The ones that identify as Messianic Jews are the true Christians?

By true Christians I mean the ones that truly follow Yeshua(Jesus).

Why do I ask? Well, a lot of Christians tell me that all you have to do to be saved is accept Jesus (and they even make an idol of Jesus and pray to him, using the man-made trinity idea). They generally seem to think that the 10 commandments no longer count, as the covenant is salvation by grace only.

What was the point in Yeshua living a perfect example of a sinless life, keeping Jewish tradition such as the 10 commandments and the feasts of the Torah, just for us to say "it's ok, as long as we accept Jesus we can rape, murder and for care because we have grace"?

Yes we have grace - because living a sinless life is impossible for us, we will break commandments at times, it is impossible not to, but YHWH wants us to live by them the best we can, and his son will atone for those we break by accident, through his grace, not just give us a free licence to live how we want. By walking in his footsteps we SHOW that we accept him. "For even demons believe on him, but will not be saved" "he who safeth with his lips but not show in his heart, I shall sendeth away saying - you did not know me". (Rough quotes from memory).

"The 10 commandments died on the cross with Jesus" - really? I didn't see that last time I read the scripture. That sounds like something emperor Constantine made up in 400AD when he did away with Jewish tradition and mixed paganism into Christianity.

"Those who live by the law die by the law" - we cannot live only by the law, which is why we have the grace of atonement from Yeshua when we can't - man cannot live by bread alone but that doesn't mean that bread will kill us. In fact it is important for sustainence, but its not the be all and end all. What this means is that the Jews that don't accept Jesus as their blood sacrifice cannot be saved because it is impossible to live by the law without error, if you live long enough to become response for your actions (ie beyond infancy).

War do you think?

Note - I dot want lots of people coming here only to try and tell me what a messianic Jew is or is not, that is not the question.

Update:

Typo: what do you think?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Best answer

It all depends- does Christianity see lies, frayud and misrepresentation as the paragons of cirtue? if yes- then "messianic jews" with their institutionaised deception, their lies, their deceit, their glorification of fraud and misrepresentaiton.

On the other hand, if you think honesty, forthright behaviour, honourable intentions are important to Christianity, then the "messianic jews" are the complete opposite of what Christains should be

• relles
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Answer: I've starred for my Jewish contacts. As I recognize it (and i is also wrong) - Messianic Jews consider that Jesus is the messiah and that he was once divine. That is in contradiction to the Jewish faith. That makes them Christians. Jesus failed to fulfill the prophecies. He was supposedly of divine beginning - the messiah won't be. G-d can't become human. Jesus is awarded as a human sacrifice, taking over the sins of everybody - that's towards Jewish teachings. The Messiah will probably be human and fulfill all the prophecies in one existence time - no second coming. There's no fashioned sin to be saved from. No threat of hell. See how Christianity is incompatible with Judaism? You can't be Christian and Jewish while. And there is no Jewish bible. That is a Christian term. There is the Tanakh, not the historical testomony and no New testament in Judaism. # # # If anybody would not think Jesus was once divine, then he was only a prophet and now not the messiah. He didn't fulfill the prophecies. Christians justify worshipping him on the grounds that they declare he'll return and fulfill those he failed to. If he used to be a prophet, he won't be back. That means he couldn't be the messiah - divine or no longer. He didn't fulfill the prophecies. If any person believes Jesus was a prophet only, they'd extra likely be a Muslim. Jews don't consider he used to be a prophet both. In the event that they believe of him at all it can be most likely as a teacher. # # # Then i've a question: does your Jewish bible have the brand new testomony?

• DS M
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

After the resurrection of the Jewish Messiah, 120 Jews were in Jerusalem on the Day of Pentecost as the Jewish Messiah instructed.

The spirit of God filled them as He did all the Jewish prophets fulfilling Jewish scriptures (Joel 2). All Believers trace their spiritual heritage back to this single Jewish event.

***The ones that identify as Messianic Jews are the true Christians?**

The first Gentile doesn't appear before Acts 10 and word Christian didn't exist before Acts 11. How do you classify this as a Christian event instead of a Jewish event? You can't.

***"The 10 commandments died on the cross with Jesus" - really? I didn't see that last time I read the scripture.***

I know you can't believe this but there was this guy named Abraham who came before Moses and the law. God made a covenant him but because he came before Moses, it was impossible for Abraham to obey the law...really!

You being so informed and all remember:

***Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine; and he was priest of G-d the Most High.

19 And he blessed him, and said: 'Blessed be Abram of G-d Most High, Maker of heaven and earth; 20 and blessed be G-d the Most High, who hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand.' And he gave him a tenth of all. 1

This same guy that had a covenant with God and lived without the law of Moses had a priest making this priesthood of the Most High greater than Aaron's.

***I mean the ones that truly follow Yeshua(Jesus).***

Yeshua's priesthood is in the line of Melchizedek's...not Aaron's...the greater priesthood...not the lesser.

Please know the scriptures before you start your lecture tour.

PS: Jesus is the head of the church, you are claiming He is doing a lousy job. And you know this....how?...and why?

• Yes - you are correct that it is impossible to live by the law without error. That is why Israel needed a blood atonement (Leviticus 17:11) as found in Torah.

Let me start off by saying that I am 100% Jewish and believe 100% that Jesus is the Messiah. Not all Jewish people reject Him as the Messiah. Remember, the early believers were mostly Jewish for the first 50 to 100 years.

And even the Jewish prophet Isaiah said most would not listen. “Who has believed our message?” (Isaiah chapter 53 verse 1). In other words, Isaiah is saying, most Jewish people will not believe when they hear the message.

My Jewish people get an A+ in tradition! (Ever seen the great movie “Fiddler on the roof”?) Even on Yahoo Answers, most of the Jewish people are traditional! Tradition is very nice, but it sometimes blinds us to who God is.

Look what God Himself says….

The Lord says:

“These people come near to me with their mouth

and honor me with their lips,

but their hearts are far from me.

Their worship of me

is based on merely human rules they have been taught.

------- Isaiah 29 verse 13

Very very powerful words! Read them again.

So my people get an A+ in tradition,

but I want to get an A+ in knowing God!

Being Jewish is ethnic. It is no guarantee of knowing God. Not at all.

Messianic Jews (if their parents are Jewish) are Jews who believe that Jesus was/is the Messiah of Israel. They do NOT follow Rabbinic Judaism and do not claim to. They are Jewish because of parents bloodline. (Note: Gentiles who attend Messianic congregations are Messianic gentiles, not Messianic Jews).

Of course MJ’s are not looked at as Jewish by the rest of the Jewish community, but thankfully they do not determine truth - God does - and Messianic Jews seek to please God RATHER THAN other Jewish people - most of whom do not know God, but rather know only Jewish traditions. (There is a difference).

Source(s): . I am an Author and a Jewish Believer in Jesus (a Messianic Jew) for 27+ years.
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Who knows? I think if they were "true Christians" they would call themselves Christians, instead of calling themselves Jews and trying to convert Jews.

• ScoTT
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

i define "true christian" by how someone lives their life - i define "true christian" by the parable of the sheep and the goats (matthew 25:31-46) - by that definition, i find more jews, muslims, atheists, buddhists, etc fit the definition than christians do - ghandi allegedly said " i like your christ but not your christians - they are so unchristlike"

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.