promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastIsrael · 7 years ago

How muslims call Jerusalem the Holy Site of islam if it is not a single time mentioned in the Koran?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Shay p
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favourite answer

Why, because they do, no other reason.. Even in his dream Muhamed travels to a "farthest mosque".

Also let me add this by Annt Hu DeShalit

Concerning Muhammad's alleged "night-journey" (isra) to "the farthest mosque" (al-masjid al-aqsa) and the Islamic claim to Jerusalem.

Since January 2006, Doctor Daniel Pipes has been offering $1million to anyone who finds "Jerusalem" in the Quran.

Offer: $1 million for Finding "Jerusalem" in the Koran January 4, 2006

http://www.danielpipes.org/blog/570

It is unclaimed, and will remain so, because Jerusalem is never mentioned by name in the Quran. In contrast, it is mentioned 823 times in the Bible, and Zion (which usually means Jerusalem, and sometimes "the Land of Israel"), appears 161 times. Of the 823 mentions of Jerusalem by name in the Bible, 669 of them are in the Old Testament, and 154 times in the New Testament.

In emphasizing this pronounced contrast between Bible and Quran, columnist Moshe Kohn notes, that Jerusalem and Zion appear as frequently in the Quran, "as they do in the Hindu Bhagavad-Gita, the Taoist Tao-Te Ching, the Buddhist Dhamapada, and the Zoroastrian Zend Avesta," which is to say, not once. ("Whose Jerusalem? Whose Land?" Moshe Kohn )

Trancing: The verses you posted do NOT mention Jerusalem. but if you think they do....go claim your million $.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Petit
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

It does mention "the farthest mosque" which is the Muslim holy site in Jerusalem and has been for the last 1400 years. Koran also mentions in Chapter 17:1 that all the land around "the farthest mosque" is blessed (i.e holy) so I can't see why would anyone say it's not holy to the Muslims.

• TNO
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Because they believe it to be a place that is referenced but never explicitly named. The "Farthest Mosque", I believe.

Because it's physical location isn't defined, they can use a broader criteria to determine whether or not it is that place. Because of it's significance elsewhere, I'm sure that this in some part lead to their conclusion that it must be Jerusalem for them.

• 7 years ago

It IS mentioned in the Quran, you just being an ignorant.

1- It is mentioned in the Quran several times (I would provide you a precise number if I have time) as: Holy Land, Blessed Land and Aqsa Mosque (Farthest Mosque).

2- It is Holy Land because Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) mentioned in a saying which means that there shall no pilgrimage except for 3 mosques, Kaaba in Mecca, His Mosque in Madina and Al Aqsa Mosque in Palestine.

3- At the beginning of Islam, Muslims were praying in the direction (Qebla) of Al Aqsa Mosque (Farthest Mosque)), then God ordered them to change the Prayer Qebla to Mecca's Kaaba.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Esther
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

It is not ever mentioned in the Qur'an by name, and besides-- Muslims have Mecca and Medina in Saudi Arabia, their ancestral homeland. They "claim" that Jerusalem is the 3rd holiest site of Islam, but Jerusalem is Jewish! And frankly, that is the only reason why Muslims want it.

• 7 years ago

Muslims claim to want to own everything. Look at the war on terrorism. They are trying to spread their evil filth on the world. Just because they lived there and never immigrated to other parts of the world they think everything is theirs. It is not. Israel is given to the Jewish people from Gd.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

@Shay P

Exalted is He who took His Servant by night from al-Masjid al-Haram (Mecca) to al-Masjid al- Aqsa (Jerusalem), whose surroundings We have blessed, to show him of Our signs. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Seeing. [Surat Al-'Isrā' (The Night Journey)]

Now in Arabic: سُبۡحَـٰنَ ٱلَّذِىٓ أَسۡرَىٰ بِعَبۡدِهِۦ لَيۡلاً۬ مِّنَ ٱلۡمَسۡجِدِ ٱلۡحَرَامِ إِلَى ٱلۡمَسۡجِدِ ٱلۡأَقۡصَا 

ٱلۡأَقۡصَا (Al-Aqsa) means Jeruaselem in Arabic

So Shay P does your friend hand out checks or does he deal with Cash?

Source(s): Native Arabic speaker
  • 7 years ago

It is mentioned in the Quran.

It is there but not in Yiddish...tell that Khazar to fork them over.

Eisha is not from Judah, he is from Emran.

• ?
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

And do they know that Jesus is half Jew and they hate Jews

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.