Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Need a comforting scripture for my Sis....?

Need a comforting scripture for my Sis.... having some hard times with people, she has been doing some good things for my parents who are aging and are in need of some extra care, some have been giving her a hard time.... something along the lines of do good for God don't worry about what others say, your good work will be rewarded???

King David wrote: "Happy is anyone acting with consideration toward the lowly one," such as a person who is in need of help because of illness. (Ps. 41:1) Those who care for ailing or suffering ones can be happy because "he that is showing favor to the lowly one is lending to Jehovah," states Proverbs 19:17, "and his treatment He [that is Jehovah himself] will repay to him." Be sure that if you, the one providing loving care were to experience hardship or calamity yourself, Jehovah will help you. God notices and approves of what you are doing in caring for your sick relative! Although rendering such assistance may require effort on your part, the Scriptures assure us that "with such sacrifices God is well pleased."—Heb. 13:16.

Source(s): From my study of the Bible as one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

2 Timothy 3:12

• henne

If Paul was once now not an motivated author (as good as a gospel preacher) then Peter was once in error for he said of Paul's writings that some twisted them "to their own destruction, as they do also the leisure of the scriptures." (2 Peter 3:15 NKJV) no longer only does Peter evaluate Paul's writings with the leisure of the scriptures but also says his writings can also be twisted to one's destruction. That may be a bit rough to do if they were uninspired writings would it not? If one recalls accurately Ananias was once sent to Paul at his conversion with one intent being that Paul maybe "full of the Holy Spirit." (Acts 9:17 NKJV) frequently folks latch on to a few statements made by using Paul in 1 Cor. 7 and read into them more than they will have to in that they feel Paul is there giving uninspired advice or giving only his own judgment or opinion aside from any course of the Spirit. For example, Paul says in verse 12, "I, no longer the Lord, say," (NKJV) after which in verse 25 he says, "I have no commandment from the Lord; but I provide judgment as one whom the Lord in his mercy has made dependable." (1 Cor. 7:25 NKJV) well, is Paul risk-free or no longer? He closes this very chapter with these phrases, "consistent with my judgment - and i feel I even have the Spirit of God." (1 Cor. 7:40 NKJV) Do you feel Paul had the Spirit of God? Do you suppose he was questioning himself through making that announcement? You understand better.

She can meditate on the Psalms and that will help her a lot. Does she read the Bible every day?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=I%20Pe...

"You must love your neighbor as yourself." Matthew 22:39

"Honor your father and your mother in order that your days may prove long upon the ground that Jehovah your God is giving you." Exodus 20:3

"The eyes of Jehovah are toward the righteous ones, and his ears are toward their cry for help." Psalms 34:15

Source(s): The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures.

The Spirit of the Law is greater than the letter of the Law.

Just say what you just did to her. God's words translated into humanspeak are just as holy.

• Alikat

I'm sure your own words would be far more comforting for her as they would come from the heart.