It seems like you are trapped in the usual vicious circle that many of us do (even if we don’t say it aloud). We are unhappy for many valid reasons, we drink to feel better, when drunk we do silly things, then we feel embarassed, guilty and start beating ourselves, ending up depressed again. It is a well known fact that depression and alcohol go unfortunately hand in hand and you aren’t alone on that.
-Don’t stop taking your medication unless you consult your GP. I don’t like doctors much but they know a few things that we don’t.
- Try to be kind to and love yourself more.
- The way you feel, it isn’t your fault
- Depression and drink can make you do silly things
- Say to yourself doing silly things doesn’t make you a bad person; making mistakes is unavoidable because is part of our human nature. There is no one on this earth who hasn’t made any mistakes.
-The sensible thing to do is learn from our mistakes and put them in good use.
-Yep talking therapy and antidepressants will help you.
- Reading some self-help books you can find in your local library can be very helpful.
- Sharing with like-minded and understanding people can definitely help you too. You are welcome to join the Yahoo Mental Health Group for Avoidant (AvPd), Anxious, Depressed etc Group online that is UK based. You will find mutual support and understanding.
Wish you strength and inner peace,
If you want to find out about us visit our web-page
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AvoidantAnxiousDepressed_group and e mail address is: AvoidantAnxiousDepressed_group@yahoogrou...