What are people's assessment on Alex Smith and the Colin Kaepernick situation.?

Although I am thrilled we have an amazing quarterback now. I can't help but feel bad for Alex Smith. The whole situation was a complete backstab. Alex Smith for years was doing very well. Then he was under Jim Harbaugh and shined. He took the 49ers to the playoffs for the first time in a while and made records.... show more Although I am thrilled we have an amazing quarterback now. I can't help but feel bad for Alex Smith. The whole situation was a complete backstab. Alex Smith for years was doing very well. Then he was under Jim Harbaugh and shined. He took the 49ers to the playoffs for the first time in a while and made records. He was doing the best ever in his career these last two years. He then gets a concussion and gets trashed because of it. I'm not saying Jim Harbaugh didn't make a good call. Don't get me wrong. Colin Kaepernick is incredible and I'm ecstatic about this coming season. They may have failed to get to the Super Bowl this last year but just wait they'll be back again this year to win it all. It's just another step playoff 2 years ago and now a Super Bowl loss from that to a Super Bowl victory. They should have won the Super Bowl. They were capable. They just blew it! They screwed up so much. They didn't play a game that awful all season. You can't say they didn't have an amazing comeback though. or season for that matter. They had amazing comebacks throughout the playoff season. It can only get better from here. Colin Kaepernick was a first year starter quarterback last year. He did come short of a Super Bowl victory but he can only get better.Just wait and see Niners 2014 all the way!
Update: Yeah.... Your right he did have eight years to get there. Jim Harbaugh is an amazing coach. You do bring up a good point that he is set for life... haha. I guess I just wish Alex Smith would have turned even better. Colin Kaepernick got their first. It's just the way the system is set up. I like questioning the... show more Yeah.... Your right he did have eight years to get there. Jim Harbaugh is an amazing coach. You do bring up a good point that he is set for life... haha. I guess I just wish Alex Smith would have turned even better. Colin Kaepernick got their first. It's just the way the system is set up. I like questioning the way things work.