A cop ran a red light during a car chase causing me to lay my bike down. What should I do?

Last night while leaving downtown from my job as a Bartender I approached an intersection with the go ahead (the light was green) As I was about to enter the intersection I noticed a car about to run the red light at a high rate of speed, I immediatly applied my brakes to avoid being T-Boned but a police vehicle... show more Last night while leaving downtown from my job as a Bartender I approached an intersection with the go ahead (the light was green) As I was about to enter the intersection I noticed a car about to run the red light at a high rate of speed, I immediatly applied my brakes to avoid being T-Boned but a police vehicle was chasing the car as well so the only evasive action I could take to avoid being hit by the police car was to lay my bike down. I was able to avoid being hit but my momentum caused me to slide through the intersection (I was going about 35 before applying the brakes) I currently don't have health insurance so I refused medical attention since I was able to get up and walk around. I wasn't able to ride the bike back home since I'm about positive my left wrist is sprained along with a severly swollen right elbow (II only have limited range of motion before pain ensues). I was picked up and went home to sleep it off since I had work today. Upon waking up my body aches much more then it did at the time, but I can't afford to miss work.

The police officer was young, and I know he shouldn't had ran the red light as well, but I don't want to ruin his career since I felt he was just trying to do his job. If I'm sent home from work I won't be able to pay my bills, but I also don't want to place problems on other people...what should I do?
Update: I'm not positive if lights were flashing at the time or not. It was at the end of a residential neighborhood (probably 80 yards or so to the main road) so I really only remember seeing headlights. and reacting since a house prevented me from seeing the chase sooner. There was another cop behind that was able... show more I'm not positive if lights were flashing at the time or not. It was at the end of a residential neighborhood (probably 80 yards or so to the main road) so I really only remember seeing headlights. and reacting since a house prevented me from seeing the chase sooner. There was another cop behind that was able to pull over and check on me. The other cop had to do a Uturn to come back around. EMS came and I waited in the back of one of the police cruisers (not handcuffed) while he pulled up my information. Some paperwork was filled out, is it possible to obtain a copy of the report?
Update 2: Ended up going to the hospital. Turned out I broke my elbow cleanly off and I'll require surgery within the next 10 days to pin it back on. I'll be off work for 2 months. Luckily I have a month's worth of unused paid time off. My left wrist is also fractured and I have torn muscles in my calf and... show more Ended up going to the hospital. Turned out I broke my elbow cleanly off and I'll require surgery within the next 10 days to pin it back on. I'll be off work for 2 months. Luckily I have a month's worth of unused paid time off. My left wrist is also fractured and I have torn muscles in my calf and hip. Really didn't think I was hurt that bad at first, but the pain has slowly increased in intensity as the day has gone on. I'll be making phone calls tomorrow.