Are wizzards demonic?

i've read that wizards are really demons and i want to become one but first i want to know if you have to sacrifice your soul or someting

• Robert

Wizard is a generic term for rich, intelligent men of the middle ages. Many were bachelors and experimented in science (banned at that time) Because of this they were deemed eccentric and like witches during the middle ages, were condemned as satanic for their knowledge.

Wizards generally dealt in philosophy, astronomy, biology, alchemy (chemistry), mathematics as well as numerous other things.

Witches generally dealt in potions, midwifery, herbs, spirits and some minor spell-craft.

As I said before, the middle ages saw a decline in the practitioners of magic.

A "wizard" is another name for a "mage," which is a practitioner of high magic (or ceremoninal magic). Look up Hermetic magic or ceremoinal magic or Western occultism if you really want to know what a wizard/mage is. Far from being demonic, most medieval ceremonial magic was based in Christian paradigms. No, you don't have to sell anything. A wizard/mage is supposed to be a wise man dedicated The Great Work. The Great Work is enlightenment. That is the real story about magic and wizardry, not exactly what you seem to have in mind.

Source(s): I am that.
  • Terry

A wizard is one who practices magic as in OZ.as a magician. However, a skilled or clever person: a wizard at math. It's a Christian word. Nat a word of those who work with Magick.

Don't listen to these other chumps. Magic is NOT to be toyed with. I am a practicing Wiccan, and I know that you do not have to sell your soul. Wizards and wiccans are not very different, except for translations. People think of wizards as witches, and not the good ones. Where as wiccans, like me, are thought of as white magic practice-rs. And let me tell you there is no thing known as white and black magic. White magic is only that because it refers to having the healing powers of a christian god, or "God" as they refer it. Black magic is the equivalent of their "Devil". There is no difference in these magics, and many people just don't understand black magic, which is why they look down on it. They FEAR it. I do both practices, and I am still just as powerful. Join the Wiccan side, and call yourself a wizard. Or not, but remember, make fun of our magic, and I WILL find you. I'm that powerful.

Not in any fantasy I've ever read, no. Usually they're cool old dudes with beards and magic powers. Sometimes they're young people with magic, but they're generally not as cool.

no wizard's arn't demonic. because i watch wizards of waverly place and they arn't demons. :O no you don't have to sacrifice your soul, because if you don't have a soul, you don't live. and you can't be a wizard if you don't live. buy your clothes at goodwill. they got some awesome wizard costumes.

Source(s): trololololololol.

In or out of a D&D game?