Can a school athlete who doesn't have Asthma use an inhaler to buff up lungs before a track run, legal?

Can a high school athlete who is on the track team and DOES NOT have Asthma use an inhaler to buff up his lungs before a big run? Because of the way Steroids are getting bad rap, could a high school get away with using that inhaler just to gain a slight edge. I found a gym bag from a nearby high school and found a... show more Can a high school athlete who is on the track team and DOES NOT have Asthma use an inhaler to buff up his lungs before a big run? Because of the way Steroids are getting bad rap, could a high school get away with using that inhaler just to gain a slight edge. I found a gym bag from a nearby high school and found a pouch filled with inhalers with no prescription names on them. What gives? Anyone know? I ended up giving it all back to the stepfather of the boy. I tracked him down. He seemed eager to get the bag back, which i handed over, but I still got a weird vibe as if he was hiding something when I called him the next day to ask about it and he said it was not his son's bag at all!