Should I turn off my wireless router?

I have had conflicting advice. Should I turn off my router at night. What is the reason for your answer?

I never turn mine off. You can if you are worried. If you have Windows firewall on and an anti-virus, you really don't need to turn it off. I use Avast free edition at Filehippo.com. It's the best anti-virus I have found even though it's free.

• ?

in case your no longer utilising the on the spot then i'd recommend turning it off. both.4 GHz band is getting noisy sufficient so that you will be doing the international a small want. also, that is way less ability being drawn and wasted. if you're leaving it on, as different recommend, make positive that is encrypted. To my understanding there has no longer been any conclusive analyze teach ill outcomes to 2.4 GHz radio waves.

Just make a list on your router page that restricts access to other attached devices

Source(s): I live on earth

You can do it if U won't wanna be traced or hacked by worm virus.

Source(s): Anon.