Drivers side door wont unlock (seems jammed)?

My car door wont unlock with the key or the FOB. Its like it is stuck. I put the key in the lock, I go to turn the key, and it wont turn at all. To answer the obvious questions, yes it is the right key. Yes it is the right car. Yes it is the right door, and in the right position. Ive noticed it only happens when it... show more My car door wont unlock with the key or the FOB. Its like it is stuck. I put the key in the lock, I go to turn the key, and it wont turn at all. To answer the obvious questions, yes it is the right key. Yes it is the right car. Yes it is the right door, and in the right position. Ive noticed it only happens when it is cold outside. My question is, is there anyway to fix this without going to a shop and costing a bunch of money? Im a college student and cannot afford any extra expenses right now.

If I can get anything to unlock with the FOB, it only unlocks the passenger door, and then I risk setting off the alarms. If I set off the alarm, I can only turn it off by unlocking the driver's side door. Otherwise, I could drive down the road with the alarm going.

Ive had others try to help me get it unjammed, including a police officer and another dad. It just wont work.

The car is a 1996 Chrysler Cirrus.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
1 answer 1