Hellooo asked in HealthWomen's Health · 8 years ago

Why am I always sore after sex?

My boyfriend and I have been having sex for about six months now, we were both virgins before and I'm on the pill so we don't use condoms and we're both 18. When we first has sex, it hurt a bit, it definitely wasn't unbearable and for the most part enjoyable. I obviously couldn't do it again though for a couple of days, but I figured that was normal. However, I am still getting really sore after sex. During sex, I am completely fine, it's after when I go to pee and it burns so much. The burning goes away in a few hours but what I'm left with is the bottom of the opening which seems like a much tighter bit of skin and less stretchy than the rest, really hurts. This means that we cannot have sex more than once a day because this bottom part of the opening hurts so so much and I have to grit my teeth. Sometimes if we have particularly rough sex, I won't even be able to do it the following day. I must note that I think my boyfriend has quite a big penis? (7 and a half inches) I don't know if that is a contributing factor. Please no stupid answers to this, it is a really sensitive issue to me.

• Sat

Soreness after sex is common and can absolutely be avoided. There are several principal reasons that cause it:

Lack of lubrication is the major problem for vaginal irritation, redness and soreness. The reasons for vaginal dryness are different for younger and more mature women. In mature women lack of lubrication is due to low estrogen levels. As women reach menopause and beyond, the estrogen hormones are diminished. Estrogen levels largely control moisture in a woman’s body; in her hair, skin, and vaginal environment. Accordingly, when estrogen levels are low, little or no moisture is available during sexual activity. The delicate vaginal tissue becomes severely irritated, causing discomfort or pain during sex and after. An intimate moisturizer eliminates dryness instantly and makes the sexual experience completely pleasurable.

In younger, pre-menopausal women the body is storing and releasing moisture to facilitate procreation. It didn’t plan for sexual recreation. The body’s moisture reserve is stored in the “Bartholin” gland and vaginal tissue. It is released at the start of intimacy and protects the delicate vaginal tissue during sex. As intimate activity continues and the moisture is used up, irritation and soreness often occur. That’s why the use of a safe moisture product is indicated for younger women as well.

Medical reasons, such as eating disorders, can cause debilitating hormonal changes resulting in vaginal dryness. These same symptoms can occur to women athletes or women who exercise excessively.

Lack of vaginal lubrication, no matter what the reason, will result in soreness, swollen tissue, itching and/or pain during and after sex because the delicate vaginal tissue is “literally assaulted” when not enough moisture is present to protect it. The resulting discomfort can last for hours, even days.

Some women are allergic to protection products like condoms or spermicide. If you and your partner use such items and experience soreness or itching, it may be an allergic reaction causing it. Try switching brands or use a different method of protection.

Women can be allergic to the presence of semen in the vagina. That is why it is very important to void soon after having sex. Wash with plenty of lukewarm water and do not use regular soaps or cleansers. Specifically avoid scented washes, bubble baths or douches, any vaginal products with flavors or additives that can alter the healthy vaginal pH.

Protect your health when using a vaginal lubricant/moisturizer. For your safety, use an FDA-approved product such as Very Private® Intimate Moisture. Many common lubricants are NOT FDA-APPROVED, which means not safe for use inside the most sensitive part of your body. For daily intimate cleansing, use pH balanced products only, such as Very Private pH balanced Body Wash. Avoid products with chemical fragrances, coloring or additives, douches or bubble baths, especially after sexual activity.

Finally, sexual discomfort is often due to insufficient stimulation. Men usually are ready for penetration within two minutes of foreplay. Women need fifteen to twenty minutes to be fully ready for intercourse. Sexual activity need never cause discomfort. It is about giving each other pleasure.

• Mar

Although the vagina's membranes are elastic and flexible, the tissues has their maximum tolerable flexibility and when it reaches the point where too much penetration is done, the tissues break enabling it to feel a burning sensation inside. Sometimes there is internal bleeding. If the open tissues get inflamed, they become sore and infection may set in if left untreated. The best you can do since your bf penis is too big, apply ky jelly inside the vaginal opening to prevent too much friction especially if it's rough sex. The jelly will even soothe the feeling of burning inside after the sex session.

Hi!

There is a possibility that you could have an STD. BUT you state that you are bOth vigins which means he may be a CARRIER of an std but might not actually have one. See a dr.

-Womans Health Team

you are not moist during sex next time use a lubricant cream everything is not STD somethings are quite normal

• eddie

Get Tips Sexual Nature!

It's probably just him after stretching your vagina, it's totally normal have fun having sex!😘

• Robin

I hate to bring this up but you may have a STD which doesn't make sense if your boyfriend wasn't a virgin before he did it with your the first time but people can lie about these things. You should ask him to be tested for STDs that fit your symptoms. If he refuses he probably lied to you about being a virgin. And please in the future make sure the guy uses a condom when having sex, safe sex matters.

well its normal bcoz you said both of you are virgins.

so use lubricants or do forplay so that thiers enough liquid in your V.