Liver problems, 21 yr old jaundice undiagnosed!?

For the last 3 and a half weeks i have become very jaundice. It first came on suddenly around the 6th march as a workmate noticed it. I went to the doctors and they tested my urine and said they found liver pigments in it. My blood was then tested and i was told that my liver enzymes were high and so was my... show more For the last 3 and a half weeks i have become very jaundice. It first came on suddenly around the 6th march as a workmate noticed it. I went to the doctors and they tested my urine and said they found liver pigments in it. My blood was then tested and i was told that my liver enzymes were high and so was my jaundice level. I have been in and out of hospital over the last few weeks for scans such as ultra sounds and MRI scans, they have done countless blood tests, at one point my liver enzyme level was up to 2300 when its only supposed to be 100. I believe it is now down to 1300 which is still high, but my jaundice level is rising even though my liver enzymes are slowly going down. They have tested me for the most common things such as HIV, hepatitis, gallstones, copper in my blood (by looking in the back of my eyes), but still no indication as to what is going on with me or what is causing it. They tried to fob me off with a viral infection explanation, but since then i have just got worse and my jaundice doesn't seem to be disappearing. When they discharged me a few weeks ago the first time, i went back home with anti sickness in tow and was sick as a dog for 3 days, not even being able to keep down food or water.

I have just turned 21 years old, have never been a big drinker or smoker (gave up both about 3 months ago), don't do drugs, haven't been away in 4 years or done anything unusual, no new tattoos. urine is very dark and has been for 3 weeks, stools are pale, haven't had a period for 4 months since late November (i miscarried in September), but there is no chance i can be pregnant and i have had pregnancy tests anyway just to double check.
and NEW DEVELOPMENTS of me passing a little blood when opening my bowels over the last few days, and also getting strong aches in the right hand side of my body where my liver is, which goes round to the back. its like a dull ache but its slowly getting a bit more painful. I am not allowed to take paracetamol now because it may affect my liver and have been advised not to take any painkillers until further notice.

Also i have recently started getting panic attacks, doctor thinks its due to me worrying about my liver, but it feels like i can't control at all when i am going to get them and i seem to be getting them a little more frequently now. My blood pressure seems to be normal and my temperature has been steadily normal ever since i got ill.

I don't think i have any other information to add, but has anyone ever experienced unexplained jaundice? and any advice? i am seeing a liver specialist tomorrow as the hospital is now treating me as an outpatient, but they are keeping an eye on my blood results as they are apparently making the doctors a little nervous.