How will Aaron Rodgers new deal be any less crippling to his team than Joe Flacco's?

Assuming he does receive over 24 million a year as some reports suggest. Making him the highest paid QB in NFL history. I don't understand how people can say Flacco killed the Ravens chances next year because they can't sign anyone *Elvis Dumervill/Michael Huff/Chris Canty/Marcus Spears* (better... show more Assuming he does receive over 24 million a year as some reports suggest. Making him the highest paid QB in NFL history.

I don't understand how people can say Flacco killed the Ravens chances next year because they can't sign anyone *Elvis Dumervill/Michael Huff/Chris Canty/Marcus Spears* (better off-season than my Panthers for sure)

How does Rodgers help his team anymore than Flacco?

Is the reason because Rodgers is better, therefore he should be paid more? Then how can people use the argument that Flacco kills his teams salary if Rodgers will get paid more. technically being an even bigger "detriment" to his teams ability to sign high priced free agents.

Drew Brees got the same flak last season when he signed his new deal with the Saints. He's a top 3 quarterback.
Update: I don't think Flacco is simply slightly above average though. There was nothing average about his performance in the postseason. How many times has he come up HUGE for them when they needed it most? He contributes far more to the Ravens sucess than stats will tell you. The Ravens offense did not allow Flacco to... show more I don't think Flacco is simply slightly above average though. There was nothing average about his performance in the postseason. How many times has he come up HUGE for them when they needed it most? He contributes far more to the Ravens sucess than stats will tell you. The Ravens offense did not allow Flacco to throw the ball 100 times a game like Brees and Stafford. He can't put up the stats that they do. If we're calling Flacco average because he never threw for over 4000 yards then thats blantantly wrong. He'd have topped that this year if

A. He had the same amount of attempts as Brady, Brees, Ryan

B. He'd just played the entire last game of the season against the Bengals which he sat out all but a few series.

I consider Flacco an premier NFL quarterback. Idk why people still think he's just average, he's proved otherwise so many times.
5 answers 5