The Learned Christians, please clarify this?

Hi, dear Christians, I wish I could hug you ..

Oh, we are here in a spritual section not a romance :)

Here we go,

Jesus Christ ( peace be upon him ) says in the gospel of Matthew,

Matthew 6:9-15

(("This, then, is how you should pray:

" 'Our Father in heaven,

hallowed be your name,

10your kingdom come,

your will be done

on earth as it is in heaven.

11Give us today our daily bread.

12Forgive us our debts,

as we also have forgiven our debtors.

13And lead us not into temptation,

but deliver us from the evil one.[a]' 14For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.))

Now the questing is,

Have you heard about these verses before?

If yes, and according to your understanding,

Who is the One who forgives sins?

• Pamela

God forgives me only because my debt has been paid by Jesus.

God has declared the payment for sin is death.

If Jesus doesn't pay for me - I will

• That is expressing a prayer to God the Father, and one asks of him forgiveness. However note that in Jesus' life, He himself forgave people their sins a number of times, like in the case of the paralytic man lowered into a room where Jesus was. The religious leaders didn't think he could, but he said he had the authority to. You need to understand the incarnation, Jesus isn't just a prophet. How could a prophet say "I am the way, the truth and the life", or call himself the Good Shepherd, alluding to Psalm 23, or say "Before Abraham was I am", "If you have seen me you have seen the Father" or in fact according to many verses be the one through whom the whole Creation was created, although that was billions of years before the Word was made flesh.

Why believe mohammed who led a sinful life, involving a lot of theft and killing and warring, taking other men's wives, and giving women as sex slaves to his followers? Matthew 7:15 is Jesus' opinion of that kind of prophet. I note that there were cases of child sex abuse in Mohammeds life:

Aisha daughter of Abu Bakr and Jauniyah from Bani Jaun.

• angel

I am assuming that you are a Muslim because you included peace be upon him when speaking of Jesus. Whatever, of course all Christians know the Lord's prayer, it was the prayer Jesus taught to His disciple when they asked Jesus to teach them to pray. They are to address God the Father who is in Heaven and who is Holy. Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors, means as we show mercy to others the Father will show mercy to us. The last sentence you wrote is not even in the Lord's prayer. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive yours sins, that is not even in the Lord's prayer. Since Jesus Christ is God in the flesh, Jesus has EVERY right to forgive sins.

Hi!

Well Jesus was giving a model prayer for an example of how to and what to pray for. In verses 14, 15 he was explaining that if we forgive or not forgive others then his father and our father in heaven Jehovah the one true God will be the one to forgive. . . .Let the wicked man leave his way, and the harmful man his thoughts; and let him return to Jehovah, who will have mercy upon him, and to our God, for he will forgive in a large way.(Isaiah 55:7) Hope this helps ya!

The Father, God, washes our sins white like snow, not men. So if you're talking about the practice of confession, sinful men cannot forgive sins. Romans 3:23 tells us that All have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. Therefore, only God can forgive sins.

Source(s): Romans 3:23
  • ahhee

i think your question has to do with sacrifice demanded by utilising God for the remission of sins. for the duration of the previous testomony, the sacrifice grow to be often a lamb or a pair of doves, or a calf. there grow to be a priesthood set up for this, and additionally a ritual made as a motor vehicle for this expression. often the persons joined in prayers at the same time and the scriptures have been examine out loud. even with the undeniable fact that Christ's sacrifice grow to be no longer on an altar and human sacrifice grow to be forbidden by utilising the Jews, God curiously known Christ's sacrifice, symbolically reenacted interior the Holy Mass ever because.

What He is trying to say, I think, is that if you don't forgive others than how do you expect God to forgive you? He isn't saying that we have to power to officially forgive people of their sins. Let me put it this way; have you ever held a grudge against somebody who sinned? God is saying not to do this but to Forgive and move on. He will do the official forgiving when its there time. But here on Earth he wants us to forgive because its not our job to judge people for what they do. I hope this made sense and helped.. God Bless :)

Jesus Christ

God the Father

but Jesus had authority to forgive sins also, so Jesus is God also.

The FATHER forgives sins (as Jesus himself said).

*** Bible Citations ***

... If YOU loved me, YOU would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is GREATER than I am.

jOHN 14:28