julia asked in Social SciencePsychology · 7 years ago

TEST ANXIETY????? BAD GRADES ;( please read?

I have really bad test anxiety! And I fail a lot of my test, quizzes ex....

I'm 14 year 8 I know I'm still young but I'm in highschool and my teachers I BELEIVE are starting to think I'm a drop out, I'm a girl I'm organized with everything, I try my best and listen in class and take notes, I do all my homework but bam when it comes to test and exams I fail so bad like today I got my results for math (I thought I got a b or a) but then she told be and said I got the lowest in class 20/100

I feel like killing myself I go to a catholic private school and if I tell my parents they will crack it with me and probs send me to a boarding school lol haha but seriously lucky I got a c at least for English. I honestly feel like ****.

What can I do????

Is there a way of cheating getting straight a's????

I don't know what to do, I was gonna go for the harder exam so next year I get into the higher math because I want to do business when I'm older but now I'm screwed!! ;(( I'm actually crying I always try my best but idk wats wrong with me. Thanks

What were doing in math is this : -4+6f8+f2+7+28+4+56m=

The addition is supposed to be multiplication and division, I know it looks easy but for my lil brain it isn't!!

I wonder if the problem is not just test anxiety but poor study skills and trouble understanding the math, I'll give you some anxiety advice, but I have a feeling you can use more.

Google "test anxiety" and you'll find a number of websites. Read each one and see which ideas appear again and again,. Many recommend slow, deep breaths.

Panic is often at the start of the test. If the first math problem is too hard, find an easy one. Word problems of math tests are not so bad because the problem cannot hide too much information. If you play around with it till you find some new information, that is probably the answer,or a version of the answer, like inches per second instead of miles per hour.

About math, you might want to read Math Doesn't Suck by Danica McKellar.

I have written answers to study skills questions and you can click on my name to read them.

I can give you advice on test-taking, but I have a feeling that you need an overhaul of your study methods, top to bottom. A good place to start would be the book How to Double Your Child's Grades by Eugene Schwartz. This author is very good at advice on taking lecture notes - a critical study skill. I have looked at a great many study manuals and concluded that with very few exceptions the best are ones by faculty in Psych and Ed departments. Complete Idiot's Guide to Study Skills is an example. It's authors are very experienced teachers. You might also want course supplements for math and science courses if you hate math, and maybe a math book by Danica McKellar. I'll give you a test study tip, but remember what I just said. The best memory tools are the outline and the flash card. Outlines give your notes organization. Flash card drills give you practice without spending too much time on what you already know. When you combine these two, you can memorize anything. Make an expanded outline from your notes, turn the outline into a set of cards, and practice with the cards until you have completely memorized the outline. For best results, put reading notes and lecture notes into one outline.

Im 16 and i had the same problem.. I used to argue with my math teacher just about everyday because i could never get my tests passed. I actually started saving my homework or any paper with problem on ut we did and put two or three problems on flashcards everynight. Including ones you cant do so your teacher can help you out a lil. By the end of your chapter youll have a great study guide! Or u could just do what i did get pregnant and homeschooled lol jk dont do that but maybe you should talk to ur parents about homeschool

Cure Social Anxiety Shyness : http://SocialAnxiety.uzaev.com/?qBIj