promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What does "just needs a little TLC" mean?

Should i go for it or just forget about it? but i need it though, maybe i can bargain less than given price right, so i can have enough to fix it if there is a problem. Can someone please make it more clearer to me?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favourite answer

It is an expression for needs a little work like it can be used in buying houses an example would be the roof needs to be reshingled and the floor is scratched you would say it needs a little tlc

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • KTR
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

When I put this in ads for doll clothing, it usually means 'just needs a snap replaced' or 'just needs a little rip sewn up.' It means it might need a bit of work, which some people just don't want to put forth time or effort. Others love to work on whatever their fave hobby is. Then--some advertisers fudge and it really means 'needs a whole bunch of time and money to restore.' Good luck!

• Cody
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

"TLC" means "tender loving care," so they're just saying it needs some fixing up, that with some time spent working on it, it'll be good.

I dunno what you're buying, is it a house? Well whatever it is, you should know if it's good enough and if you can improve it. If you're willing to fix it up, or if you just don't care either way, then go for it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.