What is the Javits fee on hotel bill?

Am processing expense claim for my boss and her hotel bill for recent stay in NYC includes several "Javits Fees". I've googled and found some info about a Javits Centre but no explanation as to how this relates to a hotel bill.

Can someone please explain?

• LJ

Well, thank you for making me look this up!

As a local, I hadn't heard of this tax. I live here, and so I never stay in a hotel.

But I looked it up. It seems that, as of April 2005, visitors to NYC are required to pay a tax of $1.50 per night to fund the expansion of the Javits Center.

I'm not sure how this was decided. I guess they felt that tourists weren't in any position to complain.And tourists in town for a convention do use the Javits Center. No, it doesn't seem fair, but what is?

NYC is an expensive place to visit. I guess that's the bottom line.

• ?

Any service worker would be extremely happy to receive a five dollar bill - as most people don't give very good tips. Especially if the tip is going straight to them, not to a collective tip that gets divided up to all staff, who may not deserve it. When giving tips to the actual person, just don't be arrogant about it, the worst is when people give you tips and think they are sooo good because they did. If you give a tip to a deserving person, smile and say thank you, give them a compliment, cause that compliment is the thing that makes their day, but of course the money is good too! Hehe... Everyone says ten percent of the bill, so you can add a tip when you check out and request that the money goes to a particular person (get their name) or staff who specifically worked on your room. A really good thing to do, if the person was great to you, or did a great job, is to actually tell the manager, or leave a comment with front desk, giving that persons position and name and hopefully they will get some kind of recognition from their bosses! A lot of hotels do give prizes and bonuses to employees of the month, and if enough people leave feedback about a hard working or pleasant staff member, you can help them get that recognition. Two or three dollars is a decent amount. Five is really nice. Ten is great!!! Maybe ten at Christmastime??? Anything less than a dollar, and don't bother, you might be insulting them. Hehe.

Just returned from a 2 nite stay in Manhattan-nowhere near the Javits Center. Javits Center Fee tacked on to 3 other NY taxes. Would have felt better if it was labeled as a World Trade Center fee. What will the next fee be named once the Javits Center project is completed?

Also paid $50/day to park (weekend rate no less). All tolls into NYC have jumped in the recent past. Cab fares noticeably higher.

Source(s): As a former meeting/event planner, I would definitely stay clear of NYC versus all the other more economical options!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is the Javits fee on hotel bill?

Can someone please explain?

Source(s): javits fee hotel bill: https://shortly.im/312nG

In New York you will see all you want to see, from traditional internet sites to lavish gardens and artwork museums in New York you will see everything the same as in this website Hotelbye . The Statues of Liberty is certainly one of the main places in Ney York. Is an essential statue with increased of 125-year-old and among the representations of Ney York and the all EE.UU. Do not lose any chance to see NY because is definitely a town worth visited.

1

I liver outside of NY and don't stay in hotels in the city, and I am amazed to find this out, I wonder how much more these hotels rip off unsuspecting tourists.