Hey Mormons: Why cant you figure out where the Book of Mormon events took place?

I keep hearing that the Book of Mormon is the "Most Correct Book Ever Written" , but, there is not a map to go along with the stories in the book. You say you have a "Prophet" but even he doesn't know where Zarahemla or Bountiful or the City of Nephi are located. Joseph smith seemed to... show more I keep hearing that the Book of Mormon is the "Most Correct Book Ever Written" , but, there is not a map to go along with the stories in the book. You say you have a "Prophet" but even he doesn't know where Zarahemla or Bountiful or the City of Nephi are located.
Joseph smith seemed to believe that most of North and South America was the setting for the Book of Mormon. Apostle Bruce McKonkie said that prior to the arrival of the Jaredites , the New World was largely uninhabited and most of the Native peoples were descendants of the Lamanites. Thankfully, the Prophet Hinkley removed McKonkies comments to save the church any continued embarrassment from his ignorance of History.

Any new info or a Map or SOMETHING ?

The PAINTINGS in the Book of Mormon Show great cities with thick STONE WALLS , not timber. They had Steel Swords and horses and White Looking People, all around the time of (gulp) Christ ?

And you do have a real Prophet ?

You call him a "Prophet, Seer and Revelator". Then why doesn't he tell you when a painting that is to be published in "The Most Correct Book Ever Written" isn't even from the same era of the Book of Mormon ?
(I am of course referring to the now famous painting of Jesus preaching to what you are presenting as Lamanites in front of Mayan Pyramids that werent even built until about 1000 years later. Or if you prefer, a painting of a White Nephite with a steel sword on a horse with a great walled city in the background)

Yes , the pictures DO matter ! If you cant even get them right, then how is the reader supposed to take you seriously as they are plodding through all of the "It came to pass's " and the "Beholds". the only thing that would keep the reader from falling asleep would be to look at an ACCURATE MAP or an ACCURATE PICTURE to go along with it.

I dont think I am being unreasonable. You say you have the Authority and the Truth. The Bible has lots of maps in it. If your book is (sic) better, then you should have a map and ACCURATE pictures too ! They say Prophesy also means TEACHING. If you have a real Prophet, with direct access to God, who is also a SEER and REVELATOR, then this should not be a problem. You would automatically have the story straight instead of having to constantly make corrections when you slip up.
10 answers 10