My brother called me ungrateful do you think thats true?

I was complaining today (one of the few days I have been off work because it snowed) that I had to do this dishes, shovel the whole driveway and sidewalk and buy the groceries with my own money. I support myself for all of my expenses, but I am still living at home and I'm 24 (not by choice). My 19 year old brother called me ungrateful and told me I don't pay rent and that I don't "do anything." But most days I am gone all day because I have two part time jobs.

My parents dont pay rent because they filed bankruptcy. My dad doesn't even work and he's at home all day. He never paid for any of my school either. I didn't even get anything for my bday from my dad or brother. And I made my brothers business flyers logo etc and I didn't get anything for it.

So how does that make me ungrateful? I feel unappreciated.

Nobody said I wanted to get paid it's all about being appreciated and I don't feel that anything I do is valued.

• Fedup

what is it you have to get paid whenever you help out someone in need? you are a total brat .Why don't you go live by yourself?

• walko

This conflict and profession is a significant hoax sprung on the american human beings via the main corrupt accumulation of mendacity bastards that have ever been exceeded the duty to control a favorite usa. Our protection rigidity and persons that serve have been suborned to function mercenaries for what can only be talked approximately as 'the oil mafia' while you evaluate that's what this profession is all approximately. there became into never a actual reason that touched on 'freedom' or 'liberty' or any of that inane top wing communicate coach BS. somewhat the girls and men people who've, had and would have placed their 'boots' on the floor have served with honor, yet that would not distract from the disgusting and dishonorable habit of the civilian government, the 'Bush Junta' that despatched them into Iraq interior the 1st place. The warhawks brindle on the cruelty of the 'enemy' yet interior the top, the warhawks despatched our human beings onto yet another usa's turf with the great crushing means of western technologies and then anticipate the Iraqis to play via our policies. mindless, stupid, dumb! I honor people who serve, yet I even have limitless contempt for persons that lied this conflict into existance.

You need to find a way to move out of your parents home.

Does your brother pay rent? What percentage of his income is his rent? What does he do around the house?

Start keeping a spreadsheet of what you do pay for and I think you will be surprised what you do for the family.

If your Dad is not working, he could help around the house. Problem is, he most likely never did and so he does not see what he should be doing.

In the end you need to move out, or pay rent.

Have you talked this out with your Mom?

• Jorge

Tell that brother of yours to shut his mouth or that you will smack him in it. You are very grateful and I applaud you for that. You are not at fault for nothing. You do plenty and that brother of yours should take it into consideration. He has no right to say what he said to you. He is a bully and very disrespectful to you.

No you're not!! You're really hardworking by trying to support yourself and your family. I haven't seen a brother do that before. He doesn't know how to appreciate. If your brother insults you, don't take it too personally.

Source(s): My little brother thinks I'm horrible, but I don't care.

tell that freeloader to go get a job.

Maybe your brother doesn't realize what you do ;D try to talk with him

You aren't at all ungrateful! You're paying for yourself and all, and your brother should hold his tongue

• Ty

Start giving the sniveling little bastard the same treatment.