Has anyone recieved their 2013 tax return yet, that had an education credit?

I filed feb. 3rd and it was recieved the 15th. I've been counting down the 21 days, and the last day is coming up in 4 days. The wheres my refund site says still processing and gives me no date to tell me when i will recieve my refund. Someone just recently told me that refunds with education credits will take 90 days to process. IS THIS TRUE? What are some of your experiences?

It isn't the education credits or form 8863 holding up the returns exactly, it is the American Opportunity Credit. You will find people saying they received their returns with education credits and form 8863, but they only claimed the lifetime learning credits not the American Opportunity Credit. Basically drug felons and graduate students are getting their returns no problem while law abiding undergrads are being held up indefinitely.

I'm not sure about the 90 day wait, but I filled my taxes on the 19th of Feb, my tax professional did tell me because of my education credit it would take the IRS an additional 9 days this year to process my return. So that's a total of 29 days to wait for my refund, that sucks but its an additional 400 dollars for me so whatever.

Hopefully your hear something soon!

good luck with the IRS, they are so slow this year, I filled the same way/ with the same education credit last year and i received my return in less than 10 days.

I filed on Jan. 29, and it was accepted on Feb. 14. According to Turbo Tax's (where I filed through) refund tracker, I should receive it by Mar. 6, although when I check the IRS website it says still processing with no refund date listed. Since tomorrow is the 6th, I am getting very nervous!

I still haven't received mine but I got my state taxes already. Mines still on the processing tab and I filed Feb 2nd and it was received late Feb 14th or early Feb 15th morning because of those education credits. By the end of this week it should be already 21 days, so hopefully will get it by the end of this week.

Find it ironic that broke college students have to wait longer to get there returns...At least its payday week too....

Nope, not true.

I filed my education credits on the 15th and got my refund about 10 days later. Check the IRS site for your progress. As soon as its processed they give you the exact date it will be deposited, if you chose direct deposit.

If you chose to be mailed a check, you'll probably get it by next week.

i also got the education credit and its been 30 days since it was accepted. i call the irs today they told me that it anyone with the education credit was on hold and that they were sending out letters in the mail to let you now they need more info from you to finish processing. they said it would take up to 2 weeks to get the letter after they send them out. ( they would not tell me when there going to start sending them out ) once you receive the letter you will have to call them back with the info they need and when they get that they will start processing it again, which could take up to 21 days. i asked what info they needed since i was on the phone with them they said they don't know you have wait for the letter, but if you don't receive the letter in 2 weeks to call back. so i wont get my refund for another 4-6 weeks from today at best. U.S government sucks ***

Same here did my taxes on the 3rd with education credits and still waiting.

Hi guys... im in the same frustrating, irritated boat as you all are, thankfully these forums seems to be the only place to find some understanding of whats going on with the irs this year. I too filed feb 2 2013. Mind you the tax guy at hr block never mentioned anything about the educ. Credits especially after I paid $252 for my tax prep. Now here it is on day 19 since they started accepting the returns 32 days total since filing and nothing! Wmr has been stuck on processing since it was accepted, now as of 2/5 the bars are gone and it says refund date will be provided when available. I called irs on 2/4 only to be told its still processing. Like seriously, what is going on. Yes im getting antsy, and yes I work hard everyday, and also putting my daughter thru college, I need every dime....ugh...im praying for patience and the blessing we all receive our refunds very very soon.♡

I'm still waiting on mine. The WMF site still says processing. I too was accepted on the 14th. If I don't get any update by the 7th I'm calling the IRS.

well my was proccesed on the 15 and I have not recieved it either the irs told me that they can not give me imformation for 21 days my company told me somthing wrong with the 8863 form