Have you ever been consumed by wanderlust?

Ever been tempted to Journey to the West or go On the Road like Jack Kerouac?

Ever felt that there's more to life than the Kalahari Desert?

Favorite Answer

Yes, and I've done my share of wandering that makes Jack look like an dilettante, but as I discovered through a wife stricken with hemiplegia and a brutal fatal ailment, there are more important things in life than places.

I think, YES, I had and Enjoyed the Road Drive through the California Coast, and Desert Drive Through the Phoenix, Grand Canyon and Las vegas and also the Arabian Desert(OMAN), Still We (I and My Husband) are Driving in My Memories, Until This Body Drive into the "NO MORE".

• Monk

Fur,

Quite often but the thing holding back this One is in not finding the right begging bowl. It would have to be special begging bowl because it would be this One’s last attachment. Strange how lust and desire goes together in the false ego idea in the mind. For this One just to wander without lust and desire has its own rewards but to wander aimlessly sending out a message without desire requires dropping the self idea.

Take a look/see.

Source(s): Zen
  • Yes I boldly go where no man has gone before.

(Well actually were many men & women have gone in truth - I am a gypsy & I have been for about seven months! I live in a caravan. In the past 10 days I've been to Norfolk... Peterborough... Southampton... Now I'm in London).

it could be good if I worked at a giant telescope and able to wonder about the universe, or it wouldn't be too nice to walk along the mountain ranges or visiting undersea miles deep in a submarine ...

how far would mankind ever travel in mass? just to Mars - that's not even in my lifetime? visiting undersea is cool but you can't be there for long - it would be good if they built huge submarines for tourism that could go anywhere any deep - would be more interesting to go to space where you can nothing more than what you see now - other than you can see our spherical earth from a distance. Yeah going undersea is more dangerous than going to space.

Oh, indeed I have!!!!!! It had always been a dream of mine, to join the Navy and travel the world..........but one thing or another always kept me from doing it........relationships.....college.... then various jobs.......I always thought I had missed my chance......and thought of joining , right up to the cut off age of 29. Then 29 came and went........and the dream was dead.

Two years later, things had changed in my life drastically, and I was at a crossroads.

And then a miracle.- But pure chance, I had read an article in the paper, saying they had *RAISED* the age limit to 31, ----IF you already had a college degree.

I *literally* ran down to the recruiting office and asked if it was true, and signed up on the SPOT-

Then I asked for , and GOT, stationed in JAPAN, saw the whole far east. ....then another ship, then another in ITALY and saw most of Europe.............GOD, it was WONDERFUL.

Better than I had dreamed! I traveled the world over.........Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, Australia,

Malaysia, Phillipines, Guam, Hawaii, ...........over 30 countries and many of them several times apiece.

It was just MAGNIFICENT. Best decision I had ever made! I just let my wanderlust take over, and I wanted to see it ALLLLLLLLLLLL-

Source(s): My Navy Cruise jacket, literally sez on the back....."Wild Weasel World Tour" and had patches all over it, front and back and flag patches down both sleeves of all the countries I visited. I ran out of room to put any more.

When I was eight, I wanted to get a van and fix it up in the back with a small bed, mini-stove, sink and fridge, and travel the country.

I've always wanted to wander.

Yes. I did a little traveling when I was younger. I don't have the money or health to do any now.

Kalahari Desert, so that's where your're from.

Yep

Yep

Nope.....more to life than Winnipeg....more to life than Scanturbury....more to life than Libau....more to life than Lorette.....oddly enough...when I got out of Manitoba...it was great....until I settled in Edmonton...then I thought that there should be more to life than Alberta....funny huh....

Now, I figure their ain't much more to life than my home...Elmwood....and when I get lucky....the bush.