Would this be classed as "misleading"?

Hello, I work in a Call Centre, the company (the company will be company "A") that I work for does contract work for lots of different company's, its like a agency. Now, say I get contracted out to company "B", I still get paid from company "A" all my tax returns, HR record,... show more Hello,

I work in a Call Centre, the company (the company will be company "A") that I work for does contract work for lots of different company's, its like a agency.

Now, say I get contracted out to company "B", I still get paid from company "A" all my tax returns, HR record, etc is from company "A", if you were to look up the inland revenue, you would just see company "A" and not company "B".

Now, I have apply for a direct job with company "B", and one question that they have asked is "have I ever worked for company "B"?.

I said no, to this.

Do you think this could be classed as misleading?