Can anyone please tell me what 'Local Area Connection 2' means?

Sometimes when I'm on the internet I get the message that I have 'Local Area Connection 2'. I tried doing a web search to find out what this means but the sites the search engine came up with were a bit technical for me. Can someone please explain to me in plain English what this means? I only get this... show more Sometimes when I'm on the internet I get the message that I have 'Local Area Connection 2'. I tried doing a web search to find out what this means but the sites the search engine came up with were a bit technical for me. Can someone please explain to me in plain English what this means? I only get this message some of the time. One word that I did see on one of the sites Iooked at mentioned the word hackers (which did concern me and is the reason I am asking this question now), so is it something I should be concerned about? Is it something to do with my internet provider, if not why do I get this message?