Should I ask him out, or should I wait?

*I apologize for the long story.* Okay so I'm a 17 year high school senior and I really like this one guy that goes to school with me. We live in the same neighborhood but we've only talked to each other a few times. I've liked this guy for a while now but I don't know if he's interested in... show more *I apologize for the long story.*

Okay so I'm a 17 year high school senior and I really like this one guy that goes to school with me. We live in the same neighborhood but we've only talked to each other a few times. I've liked this guy for a while now but I don't know if he's interested in me or not. I got one of my friends to ask him if he thinks that I'm attractive and he said he think's that I'm cute. He's smart, handsome, very polite and such a gentleman. We have one class together and I've been dropping hints that I like him, but I don't think that he's noticed them. Whenever we talk, I always show a lot of interest in what he says and act flirty but nothing is working. Yesterday I asked him for a ride home from school (I needed an excuse to get us alone), and in the car I could tell that he was really shy. On the way home I was being really flirty: feeling on his arms, complimenting him and all that good stuff, but he just stayed relatively quiet (He stutters so I'm guessing that's why he ever talks). I'll have to admit I'm not usually into the shy, quiet, reserve types but this guy is really awesome. The only problem is I can't get him to ask to me out. Him and my brother are on the lacrosse team together at school and I asked my bother if he's said anything about me and he said: "If you like him the best way to get his attention is to be completely straightforward with him, he's not an outgoing type of guy because of his speech impediment." When my bother told me that I was kind of disappointed, I've never been the one to ask a guy out and I'm afraid of being rejected.

Long story short, he is coming over to my house tomorrow so that him and my brother can practice for a bit. My question is should I ask him out then or should I keep being flirty? I really like him but I don't want to come off as desperate or creepy, and I don't think he's going to make any moves. Should I just be the one to ask him out or should I continue to drop hints and try to make it more clear that I like him.

If anybody has any advice I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.