Do you believe in love?

There was a debate going on between my friend and I today. She doesn't believe in love. She thinks people only get married because they subconsciously feel pressured into having children. That the only reason we get attracted to the opposite sex (or the same if you're homosexual...) is because we feel... show more There was a debate going on between my friend and I today.

She doesn't believe in love. She thinks people only get married because they subconsciously feel pressured into having children. That the only reason we get attracted to the opposite sex (or the same if you're homosexual...) is because we feel sexually attracted to them, and that married couples only stay together because they get so used to each other.

I believe love is a natural thing which develops when you get to know someone who has a lot in common with you, makes you feel happy etc. and I think, if love is as 'forced' as she says, how can it feel so natural? When we feel bonded to someone, and we would do anything for them and make many sacrifices just to keep them happy. It may just be a scientific psychological feeling, but its still love.

I think mine is the more common belief, but although I'm sticking to my views, I think her argument is interesting! What do you think?

Also, don't just say yes or no. I want to hear a debate!