? asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 8 years ago

what should a 15 year old wear to a wedding? (with pictures)?

Hi! I have my aunt's wedding in September and even though its a long way away, my mum and my grandma are already picking out dresses for me. Even though my mum is very young, only 32, she and I have a very different style, and we are having trouble finding a dress that pleases us both. My style is quite modern but also boho and my mum is very formal and put together.

This is my mum's suggestion which I don't like because I tried it on and I felt like I was 10, and at 15 no one wants to feel younger:

http://www.parosh.it/pages/collection_parosh/img/s...

These are two dresses I really like:

1-http://www.nastygal.com/clothes%2Ddresses%2Dparty/...

2-http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/331441

Can you please rate my mum's suggestion and my suggestions and give me some ideas of your own. Price is not a problem. Also, I think I should wear heels (not too high) but my mum doesn't know if I should . What do you think?

Thanks

Your picks are not appropriate at all for a wedding, or even someone your age. It's a formal event, not a night club. I agree that your mom's choice isn't cute, but it works for a wedding. If you want to be allowed to choose your own outfit, then you need to comprimise and show her something more conservative.

Dear one,

You are going to a wedding - not a night club. Your choices are not appropriate for the solemnity of a wedding. Moreover, they are not appropriate for a 15 year old girl.

Oh, and just who is paying for this dress? Probably Mom. So she gets to call the shots - whether you like it or not.

That said, here's some "grandmother" advice: Pick your battles carefully, dear one. This is not a fight worth having just to prove your point - it will only make you very unhappy - and grounded for the entire summer. How mature is that?

Trust me. You don't have to make a spectacle of yourself wearing clothes that are inappropriate (translate - slutty) for a girl your age. Just wear the dress your mother likes. It's pretty, flowy, and no, you won't look like you're 10 years old. Trust me. You just THINK you look like you're 10. But you won't look like a child. You just want to look like you're 15 going on 25. THAT is not a good thing, honey.

I'm sure with a demure smile and gracious manners, you will be a beautiful niece - one your aunt can be proud of. If not, then suck it up and smile. For one day you can put your own feelings aside and be the sweet, darling girl everyone loves - even your mother.

The dress your mom wanted is the more appropriate dress to wear to a wedding. Weddings are formal and if you're wearing any one of those that you chose, it would be quite inappropriate specially for a girl your age. Just so that you know, you wouldn't look like a 10 year old if you wore the dress that your mother wanted.

Source(s): weddingsupersource.com

Your mom's %. seems very drab and uninteresting, and it truly is coming from a 30 twelve months previous. i will't think of every person under the age of 60 donning that. Your link did no longer paintings for me, so i will't provide you an opinion. Do you have a Deb save the place you reside? they have some very lovable dresses that should paintings for a marriage, and formal dances.

I don't like your mom's choice, I agree that it looks too bridesmaid-ish. I also agree that your choices are not fit for a 15 year old AT ALL or for anyone to where to a wedding. If someone shows up at my wedding wearing either of your choices I honestly would make them leave...since you are a niece I assume you will be in pictures so pick something more fit for your age group. Try showing her something LIKE this

http://www.sears.com/ruby-rox-junior-s-sleeveless-...

perhaps with a ballet flat and a light sweater...

• Celina

I agree with Parallel.

Your dresses are quite too showing; not appropriate for a 15 year old. Your mother's dress isn't too great either.

Choose something like what your mom picked but more modernized.

Just wear the one your mom picked. The other two are trashy for a wedding and the bride and her family won't appreciate it. No one is there to look at you anyway!

Just my opinion, for what it's worth:

The first one looks like a bridesmaid dress, I vote no.

The second one is cute, but those cutouts are slutty.

The third one looks hooker, I vote no.