Non hire bouncy castle? How is this so? How to make it available for hire?

Looking at buying a bouncy castle, I've found a brand new one at a decent price that is advertised as perfect for birthday parties etc etc.

In the notes it states this is a non hire castle. Now, what is the difference between a non hire and hire bouncy castle. It's brand new, do I just need a test certificate to make it available for hire? Is there something in the make up that makes it stronger? Surely if new and capable of use at birthday parties its fine for hire?

Just wondering anyone enlighten me please?m

I don't know what the technical difference is but I do know for a fact that in the UK you have to be very careful about insurance for these. Many companies won't insure you (you need personal liability insurance) for the hire of bouncy castles and those that do will want to know that it is to a commercial specification. Be careful with this and check it our with your insurers first.

• Sal*UK

Probably find that the hire ones are more like industrial things - much stronger etc etc.