Do you get a dishonorable discharge if they find thc in your system at MEPS?

Look, I don't want anyone telling me that its bad. Just answers please. I'm shipping out to basic in a week and I may have thc in my system. What happens if I piss positive?

• Brian
    Favorite Answer

No, they just disqualify you and then you can apply at a later date. If you know you're gonna pop, then just reschedule. I've never understood how people pop on that test, it's not like they are forcing you to pee in the cup.

Source(s): Marine Corps 2005-09

You will be Discharged ASAP...

Given an Entry Level Separation...

RE -4, Sep Code JFU = Positive Urinalysis

The JFU code is what really sinks your BOAT...

Which gives you a Life Time Label as a "Drug Abuser"...

Source(s): Retired Marine...VSO...Seen a Lot of them...

How can you be dishonorably discharged if you aren't in the military yet?! Why the heck would you do that when you know you're shipping??

I think you will get kicked out and have to reapply at a later date. I'm not too sure but my son went through something similar. Not with drugs but a misdemeanor traffic thing.

we never got tested on our ship outs from meps, and I shipped twice.... once for the national guard and again when I switched to active duty....

im not saying you wont get tested.....but its not like you would be the first person thats done this people need to get off their high horse and stop judging, maybe get off of yahoo answers once in a while.

• Wraeth

You will be DQ'd and sent packing. Barred from ever serving again.

Source(s): US Army Scout

I sure hope so.