Strange IP address problem?

Okay, here's the thing. My Facebook always tells me that I have posted in Kettering/Northampton (East Midlands). When I'm actually in Coventry (West Midlands). And I get adverts to do with places in Kettering. I have my broadband connected with Utility Warehouse but I can't get hold of them and their... show more Okay, here's the thing. My Facebook always tells me that I have posted in Kettering/Northampton (East Midlands). When I'm actually in Coventry (West Midlands). And I get adverts to do with places in Kettering. I have my broadband connected with Utility Warehouse but I can't get hold of them and their customer service is rubbish. I always have really slow internet (like 100/200kb/s) When I'm supposed to be getting 1mb/s. I have a strange thought that my local exchange is in Kettering. Do you think this is why my internet is slow, if so how can I change this?
Update: Okay I've discovered that my local exchange is about 2 miles away. Are there any techniques that I could use to make my internet a little faster?
Update 2: And I cannot get fiber optic broadband where I live.