Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

God doesn't lie because God says he doesn't lie?

How do we know God doesn't lie? What about satan's side of the story? Why are we taking God's word for everything? Because prophets said so? Where is the logic in all of this?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favourite answer

Yeah...it's like saying the bible is true because the bible says it is true...I could run a hamster on that circular logic lol!!

• 8 years ago

Hi there

You say that God doesn't lie. , but that's not exactly true.

The Bible does not say that God doesn't lie , it says that he CANNOT lie.

There is a big difference.

Titus 1:2 ''--upon the basis of a hope of the everlasting life which God, who cannot lie, promised before times long lasting--''

Because God CAN'T lie we can have full confidence that what he says will come true.

What he has promised is that all people that serve him will have everlasting life. (not go to heaven)

On the other hand, Satan is the originator of the lie --

John 8:44 ''-- the Devil,-- truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of [the lie]. ''

We can have full confidence that what Satan says is based on lies , and those that follow him will not get everlasting life.

For more Bible based info please feel free to email me.

• 8 years ago

By the looks of one of the answers, god cannot lie, because god said he cannot lie, therefore if he was lying then, then the devil could be telling the truth, so it is POSSIBLE that the devil is a victim. I'm not a devil worshiper, I simply have a feeling about a higher power and the next world =P

• 8 years ago

john b. loved, slight correction. God can't do what He likes. He is stuck with the Written Words too.

We should have the {what ever} to sought them out. Isaiah 3 v 18 - 26 is/was WW2..

and the lady in the news just now could soon end up forgiving her dad. Lots of Traditions are a little 'out dated'.

Source(s): A.K.J.V..
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 years ago

God doesn't lie because God does not exist. I'm abut confused about which version of Satan that you are talking about, the Jewish version (an adversarial angel that teaches through trial) or the Christian version that personification of all evils, to the point where he is more ridiculous than most comic book villains.

• Vulken
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Free will is a lie.

You can't punish someone for exercising their free will, that makes you a slave.

Now I said nothing about following the laws of mankind, but a god should allow us to make what ever mistakes we want, then let us make the right choice to be good on our own.

I also believe punishment is admiting failuar.

• Why do you want to argue against the Creator who has the right to take back your life at any time with just a thought and leave you with absolutely nothing?

• 8 years ago

God is perfect,he does not lie.

• 8 years ago

The greatest Commandment is "Love thy neighbor as thyself. We are doing a awful lot of lying aren't we. And "Do not bear false witness against him/her/!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

His will is manifest, by His spoken word. If God said the sky is orange, it would become orange.

Source(s): Deist
  • The logic is that we are to evaluate truth claims and see which is right.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.