big commerce, shopify, or other for online retail store?

I have been thinking big commerce because they offer no sales %, free gateway,and merchant account, (that i can upgrade for less transactions fees once my store begins to grow a little)

plus they have way more free templates then shopify.

it seems like all of these ecommerce companies get reviews speaking of horrible customer service.

I plan to open a store next month, and i cant for the life of me decide which i should use.

• Neil
    Favorite Answer

These days all my online stores are Wordpress blogs as they are easy and inexpensive to set up yourself on your own self-hosted domain.

Mainly I use the paid e-commerce plugin WP-eStore although I have used the free version of the WP-eCommerce plugin which is great where money is scarce. These plugins handle product details, payment processing(one is always Paypal), shipping & freight etc.

Good hosting companies such as Hostgator provide Wordpress free and there are thousands of free themes(although you should personalize one for your own use), lots of free info on installing & configuring, and lots of free plugins for seo, social marketing,security etc.

• Teresa

I don't care about your experience with pine shavings. They're BAD for all small animals. All small animals have weaker immune systems when it comes to the respiratory system. Knock it off with the wood shavings of all sorts. Now. Your best bet is to go with a recycled paper-type bedding. Carefresh is a good brand, it absorbs brilliantly, has odor-blocking ability, won't harm your pets, and is readily available in bulk. Try checking the Drs. Foster & Smith website or online pet stores. Seriously, stop using wood chips.