You get sick. You pray to be healed. You dont get miraculously healed. You go to the doctor?

You get medicine and over the course of time you become better. How special are you to God? What have you recieved from him that anyone else hasnt? Doctors are available to all people. So what benifeit dos being "saved" have for you when you get sick and God doesnt help you? I suppose you could say that God is Love and the people at the hospital are a form of God for just being willing to help? Or are we going to go directly into Christian Apology? God didnt heal me because he WHAT? needed your family to come see how faithful you are to ask for prayer while laid up in the hospital? Really what is the point of being saved? if God lets you stay sick till you seemingly naturally recover from it? Saved___________ what exactly is the definition of that word anyway? Its certainly doesnt mean SAFE!!!!!! unless you consider not dying SAFE.

WZ: you honesly want fact? you need evidence of what has occured. you think I would take my time to write this if I wasnt honely pissed about something?

luv Jesus I didnt ask for a sermon with an alter call at the end.

No chance: that story is SO OLD. tired of the christian apology. God wants a personal relationship with us but when we ask him personally for help he disappears.

Many believe that a sudden, emotional conversion experience is all we need in order to guarantee everlasting life. However, to concentrate on only one essential requirement for salvation to the exclusion of the others is like reading one crucial clause in a contract and ignoring the rest.

Yes, believing in Jesus is crucial to our salvation, but more is needed. Jesus spoke of some who professed faith in him and even did “powerful works” in his name. But he did not recognize them. Why? Because they were “workers of lawlessness” and did not do the will of his Father. (Matthew 7:15-23) The disciple James reminds us of the need to “become doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves with false reasoning.” He also said: “You believe there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder. . . . Faith without works is dead.”—James 1:22; 2:19, 26.

Some, though, argue that those who are genuinely saved do all these things anyway. But is that really the case in practice? Denis, who ‘accepted Jesus’ when he was a young boy, says: “The ‘saved’ people I have known feel no great need to examine the Scriptures because they think they already have all they need for salvation.” Indeed, the hypocrisy and unchristian acts of many who claim to be saved have brought the whole subject of salvation into disrepute.

Christians are in a saved condition. They have the prospect of everlasting life because they are in an approved position before God. As a group, their salvation from Adamic sin and all its consequences is sure. But individually they will be saved to eternal life only if they continue to adhere to all of God’s requirements.

Yes, there are various things involved in getting saved. We must take in accurate knowledge of God’s purposes and his way of salvation. Then we must exercise faith in the Chief Agent of salvation, Jesus Christ, and do God’s will the rest of our lives. (John 3:16; Titus 2:14) Salvation is sure for those who follow this course. But it involves persevering right to the end of our present life or of this system of things. Only “he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved.”—Matthew 24:13.

Source(s): Bible

I am a Muslim, so I'll answer from the point of my religion. Do you know that Allah ie God takes test of people by giving them difficulties to check if you really can keep your deep faith in God . And if you r saying about the doctors and the medicines, they r just used like a bridge to cross a river. Humans always want the scientific explanation, so Allah,The God has set those doctors and the medicines like that bridge. It is the Allah who gives disease and again saves.And then i will ask u if the doctors and the medicines r curing people not Allah, the God then why does people die?. I'll again say those doctors & medicines act like the bridge & nothing else as the humans wnt scientific explanation alays. That's why we should always thank to Allah for whatever situation we r in bcoz the situation we r in at present could b worse than it is And always ask for Allah's help .

Sorry for the poor english.

• Gene

Always remember why were here on earth and why man didnt parish a long time ago.Gods grace is what keeps man on earth learning new things in medicine and envioment science etc every day.God had enough grace on us to give doctors and scientists the disire to save lives and go into medicine and technology so we could perserve human life.Even in Jesus days he gave humans curiousity to go into vegatation to seek remitys for sickness.If saten were in full control man wouldve parished a longtime ago.God created us to love and try to perserve each other.The next time you decide to try and figure out what or why think about who gave you life and a brain to try and figure everything out.It wasent a power of cerdcumtance it was GOD

Source(s): Mother of 11wife of 1

Why should god do something for us when the means to solve the problem, (the doctor and modern medicine) have already been given to us? The desire to have God solve all our problems for us without us lifting a finger is a major weakness of some "Christians".

There is a story about a a man who was caught in a flood. He prayed to God to be rescued.

A boy came by on a log, and said "climb on misther!"

The man said , No GAWD is going to save me

Then a old man in a motor boat came by

"Hop in"

Finally a helicopter came by and they annouce over the loud speaker to grab hold of the rope

The man waved them off and yelled , No GAWD is going to save me!

The the water rose and he died

When he got to heaven, He yelled at God " I told everyone you were going to save me and you let me drown!"

God answered I sent a log, a boat and a helicopter, what more did you want?

The point.....expect an answer, it may just not be what you think

Source(s): logjam makes a very good point

life is a terminal condition. Some difficulties can be made easier, and some can't. I might consult with someone regarding whatever my difficulty is, to see if they have some insight as to how to make things better. (I doubt that drugs would help,,, but many things are possible.) What I hope to be saved from is eternal condemnation. Only YAHUSHUA has eternal life, and He can only share it with those who are 'one' with Him.

• samuel

God works in different ways , some time through Doctors

well all these medicines came from the flower.

the plants were given to people for eating and for oinments...

so yes God (Allah) did help you when you become well after your illness.

and God isn't a joke. he won't help you for your foolish mistakes.

sickness can be avoided (prevention) what's better than that.

• WZ

No need to rant. Facts or it didn't happen with what you stated

Saved as a Christian means we will be going to heaven instead of hell when we die someday. Just for that, we should be very grateful to God and love Him. Sometimes, on this earth God answers our prayers too, to help us in life; not all the time, but sometimes, and this is more likely to happen when we are being the loving, kind, good people He wants us to be and is preparing us to be for heaven. We can die any day, and so we need to always be grateful to God that we did heal, however it comes.

This is the traditional Christian way -- One very important thing to have right in your life is to be a Christian, and then God can help you live your life right. As a Christian you can pray about your life daily. Plus, as a Christian, you can go to heaven forever when you die someday, if you are faithfully following Him. If you don't follow God in your life, you end up in hell, a very bad place of suffering. Praying the prayer below will make you a Christian. Then, live it out with faith and love for God and Jesus Christ, love others, Bible study, prayer, and church. It's about having a relationship with God. God is our Creator, life, love, all-powerful, all-knowing, eternal, divine. It's important for you to try to be kind and caring, good and loving to others generally, and God will help you feel His love for you, and help you love others for Him.

This is how to know God -- the basic Christian message and prayer --- you need to accept God's Son, Jesus Christ, into your life to be a Christian and follow God's ways so you can receive God's guidance in your life and get to heaven after you die. Knowing God can transform your life. As God is love, life is primarily about love and relationships in order to have a good life. Also, you need to know God's Son, Jesus Christ, in your life as your Lord and Savior as Jesus died on the cross as payment for our sins. Having Him with you will give you God's blessing and forgiveness, as you live God's way. There is an important prayer to pray to become a Christian. This prayer should be said with faith in God and a sincere heart:

"Dear God, I know that I am a sinful person and I don't want to be like this anymore. I know that Jesus Christ died on the cross as payment for our sins, and I want to accept Jesus Christ into my life as my Lord and Savior so I can receive God's forgiveness, guidance, and go to heaven someday. Thank you, dear God, for your mercy and guidance; in Jesus' name. Amen."

This prayer can take you to a new place in your relationship with God and transform your life. After saying this prayer, you should check out a Christian church. I like the Baptist and Lutheran churches. (Avoid the liberal ELCA Lutherans.) The church can get you baptized and prayed for, and you can pray for yourself daily.

The church can get you into their Bible study group so you can learn more about God, Jesus, and God's will for your life. The Bible is God's instruction book about how to live a God-honoring life so you can go to heaven after you die.

Ways to stay connected to God's path include loving God and Jesus Christ, obeying God's ways, daily Bible reading, daily prayer for yourself and others, getting to church, having your church prayer group and/or pastor pray for you, fasting with prayer for a higher level of prayer, getting with other Christians and doing a Bible study, singing hymns to God, taking communion with the church, helping and loving others, expressing your gratitude to God for His help in your life by telling others of your progress and helping them draw closer to God too, tithing at church, volunteering at church. Continue to turn from sins and seek God's forgiveness in your life as you live your daily life.

For more information about Jesus Christ, read the New Testament of the Holy Bible.

God guide your life.