Computer keeps freezing?

Wonder if anyone can help me with this. My laptop keeps freezing for seemingly no reason and all I can do is wait for it to decide when it's ready to work again. Very annoying. The funny thing is though when I went back home from uni for christmas, this problem didn't occur at all so It may be a... show more Wonder if anyone can help me with this.

My laptop keeps freezing for seemingly no reason and all I can do is wait for it to decide when it's ready to work again. Very annoying.

The funny thing is though when I went back home from uni for christmas, this problem didn't occur at all so It may be a problem with the internet/ router in my uni house ?

Any help would be much appreciated
Update: @daniel : It is only when I am on the internet. I have 60gb free on my hard drive and my CPU usage fluctuates between about 35-60%. I will try the ccleaner that you suggested, thankyou