Xbox 360 VS Playstation 3?

Which console is the best overall

I've came to this conclusion I'm getting a Xbox 360 but I'm going to keep my ps3 for exclusives like uncharted(my favourite game series) and gran turismo thanks for all the answers I can't pick a best answer so I'm putting it up for vote

Favorite Answer

that is SO controversial, because there is NO true answer. whatever anyone tells you, it just THEIR opinion, in the end. but, let me give you reasons why I think xbox is better:

xbox has hd streaming (essentially the same as ps3s bluray)

xbox has sweet apps such as youtube, love film, netflix bbciplayer itc player etc

xbox has internet explorer

xbox has windows 8

xbox has better online (but you have to pay 30/40£ per year for it - worth it in my opinion)

xbox has famous exclusives such as halo or gears of war

xbox is more popular

xbox controller is more comfortable

can charge and play controller with play and charge kit, so Jakob is talking utter rubbish

battery on xbox controller lasts longer in my opinion, and the "bulky-ness" is what makes it more comfortable (personally). i HATE the ps3 one - its so skinny and i cant grab it properly.

the trigger buttons are more comfortable on the xbox - like a real gun

FYI xbox slim doesnt get red ring anymore

xbox slim has 250gb hard drive

NB: all the the above are my personal opinions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Source(s): i own xbox 250gb slim and tried ps3 also

PS3 is soo much better!! It has free online, and a much more mature online community. You also het PS hone which you get to create a avatar and play in a huge virtual world. It has many different locations you go to with mini games. Fun mini games. It has a blue ray player so you can watch blue ray discs. With that said Sony can produce bigger games with better graphics then Xbox. PS3 has better exclusive games (resistance, killzone, uncharted, Little big planet, Gran Turismo etc) I had 4 xbox's and 3 of them are broke. I had two regular xbox's and 1 elite and they all broke, I now have the slim and its alright I've had 2 PS3's since 2007 and only 1 broke. I had the 80gb and it broke, now I have the super slim. The new Super Slim PS3 is a lot smaller then the Xbox slim and it has a door on top the PS3 in case something goes wrong with your PS3 you can get the game out. And its 250gb! You can get 500gb also! You van also much more colored controllers. PS3 is also Bluetooth friendly. You can use Bluetooth on Xbox. Ps3 is much better. And there is more facts but I don't feel like typing more. PS3 > Xbox 360

Xbox 360

They both have their own strengths and weaknesses. The PS3 is cheaper over the long term, has blu-ray player. But its controllers are uncomfortable to play with and you get a lack of updates. The Xbox 360 has very comfortable controllers which slot into your hands like a jigsaw puzzle, yearly updates that change your experience and the online is unmatchable. It doesnt however have blu-ray player and it is a little pricier than the PS3 but overall I think that the Xbox is the better console for overall experience.

Source(s): I have both the Xbox and PS3
  • Playstation 3.

Jakob has never heard of the battery pack charger. I don't change batteries on my xbox360 controller. We have more rechargeable packs than controllers so we're never unable to use them.

Never had red ring because I know how to take care of my possessions.

Personally I prefer xbox360. We had a PS3 once. Got bored of it so so fast. Xbox is more for me.

The one which is best for you is the one that supplies the games you're most into. That's all I have to say. Xbox does that for me, wheras Ps3 does not.

dude come on are you stupid playstation 3 is best because you can charge the controler while in xbox 360 you must change the battries .

Source(s): i have a ps3 and xbox 360

PS3. Because the online is free so no yearly cost also there I can't red ring of death.and the HDMI picture is better plus Xbox game pad is to heavy and bulky.

There is a series on youtube that covers every aspect of both consoles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fARdxkovMhQ

Youtube thumbnail

Ps3 has sold 70.2 million consoles world wide.

Xbox has sold 70 million.

Playstation is much bigger in Europe and Asia but xbox has sold more in America.

Both consoles have their ups and downs and I have intensively played on both and I think that overall ps3 is the better of the two. However, if your friends are on xbox, get xbox.

If they're on ps3, get ps3.

The overall specs are better on the ps3 and it has better exclusives.

The arguement that xbox has better excuses it outdated, ps3 has way more.

So overall, playstation.

Source(s): I've owned both consoles and taken part in console wars.

PC is the master race ... But I prefer PS to Xbox

Source(s): Die hard gamer ... Own all the consoles